Columbia Academy @ Greenback

orngnblk

Watched CA film vs. SP. Solid team, but beatable with right game plan and execution. Won't be easy but it's not supposed to be. I think GB likes this challenge. CA looks very good on O and our D will have their work cut out for them but doable. There are weaknesses on CA Defense I know GB can exploit but as usual we'll need time to execute. Turnovers again will be more crucial than ever. Kind of glad we had that 1st half lull Friday night so the guys can see what happens when you don't come out ready to pounce. If our playmakers make play and our D plays stout and doesn't give up big plays we will be in a winnable ballgame. Haven't had a chance to see how CA stacks up against a balanced pass/run team.

Edited by ladykee

What offensive scheme do these 2 teams run!?

GB will run the power I then go 5 wide and everything in between. Their bread and butter seems to be a 3 wide single back shotgun formation but they are very comfortable in several formations. Also very good passing game but they are a little run heavy. They're a very balanced team that can do either well. They have big play potential with multiple guys capable of scoring from anywhere on the field. Biggest weakness is running between the tackles in my opinion. Not that they can't or that they're bad at it, just their weakest point imo. Number 1, 8, 44, 5, 53, 3, 2 and several other numbers I can't remember are very athletic. Pretty physical bunch, easily the most physical team we played this year.

GB will run the power I then go 5 wide and everything in between. Their bread and butter seems to be a 3 wide single back shotgun formation but they are very comfortable in several formations. Also very good passing game but they are a little run heavy. They're a very balanced team that can do either well. They have big play potential with multiple guys capable of scoring from anywhere on the field. Biggest weakness is running between the tackles in my opinion. Not that they can't or that they're bad at it, just their weakest point imo. Number 1, 8, 44, 5, 53, 3, 2 and several other numbers I can't remember are very athletic. Pretty physical bunch, easily the most physical team we played this year.

+1

Watched CA film vs. SP. Solid team, but beatable with right game plan and execution. Won't be easy but it's not supposed to be. I think GB likes this challenge. CA looks very good on O and our D will have their work cut out for them but doable. There are weaknesses on CA Defense I know GB can exploit but as usual we'll need time to execute. Turnovers again will be more crucial than ever. Kind of glad we had that 1st half lull Friday night so the guys can see what happens when you don't come out ready to pounce. If our playmakers make play and our D plays stout and doesn't give up big plays we will be in a winnable ballgame. Haven't had a chance to see how CA stacks up against a balanced pass/run team.

The C.A. Defense isn't great. SP was like 10-15 passing for around 150 yards and then also rushed for another 240 yards. C.A. Is good on offense and special teams. Greenback won't be able to hold them to less than 35 so their offense will really have to come to play and put some points up.

CA has been nothing more than a homecoming team for many years up until about three years ago and they started to pick up some kids that can ball! Those kids were there in middle school so it ain't like they recruited them at that age. I don't care much for ca but I respect them and the way they run their program. I honestly believe they do things right and by the book. I look for them to drop back off the map after this year for a few years until they can rebuild. This is undoubtedly the best team ca has ever fielded. Just throwing my two cents worth in as this is the first year ca and WC hasn't played in the regular season in many years so I know them well.