Oakland @ Maryville

GoPats2019

Oakland will need to establish the pass. Can't be one dimensional like they were last Friday. And gimmick plays will not work against Maryville. Oakland will have to play as close to perfect as they have all year. You could shoot a pinky off one hand (I don't recommend it) and still have enough fingers to count how many time MHS has lost at home in the playoffs in the last 15 years or so (or is that just losses at home in general). Got to get out early on MHS. No team that I know of has proven they can come from behind to get the win. Good luck Patriots.

Edited by milo118

Being a Riverdale fan has nothing to do with this. For you football geniuses, Stop is a general term which would include slow down in a real world. I keep forgetting how literal some people think on here. The one thing for sure is that if Maryviile thinks they are looking at another Blackman defense they would be making a big mistake overlooking Oakland..Despite some people playing it down they are a lot better than Blackman. Led the division in fewest yards gained on the ground. Led the division in sacks. Held the top rushing 4A school in the state to minus 4 yards rushing in the game....they are good!!

Well thanks so much for the coaching advice , I bet George is writing this down as we speak . I'm sure everybody at Maryville was already in overlook mode but thanks to you the party has been called off ... It always cracks me up when someone says Maryville better not overlook someone ... Why would someone say that to a team who every year .... Never mind, thanks Warrior82 ... Btw since Oakland is way , way better than Blackman does that mean Smyrna is Way better than Blackman ... Since Oakland had to go to Overtime to beat Smyrna ? Edited by pepvol

Being a Riverdale fan has nothing to do with this. For you football geniuses, Stop is a general term which would include slow down in a real world. I keep forgetting how literal some people think on here. The one thing for sure is that if Maryviile thinks they are looking at another Blackman defense they would be making a big mistake overlooking Oakland..Despite some people playing it down they are a lot better than Blackman. Led the division in fewest yards gained on the ground. Led the division in sacks. Held the top rushing 4A school in the state to minus 4 yards rushing in the game....they are good!!

Warrior82dad is just up set that Coach Aydelott is not resigning or going anywhere .

I have seen both teams when doing radio.  After round 1 in the playoffs I felt as though Oakland would have a chance when playing MHS.  Strong QB, 2 good backs, 2 good wide outs and an impressive D Line.  I thought it was the best team William Blount had faced all year.  Well now I have retracted my thoughts.  Oakland's inability to cover in the secondary will be their undoing. Hopkins will have guys running around all night wide open and, as long as the line can protect him, he will pick them apart.  Final score MHS 35 Oakland 14.  It's just the same ole story just a different year.  Teams come from Kingsport/Johnson City/Sevier County/Murfreesboro.......and they all think they have a shot.  Then they look up and it is 14-0 before they can even get sweaty.  It is rather remarkable....but it is the truth.   

I think the TV game is Rhea at Sevier. They like to get two teams from the viewing area to help with ratings. I think the signal carries to Rhea County. I know it doesn't get to Rutherford County. Either way, I'm glad the guy in the red hat won't be at 825 Lawrence.

I'm surprised they passed up the chance to show the sec champ

Could be a trap game for the rebels

It always cracks me up when someone says Maryville better not overlook someone ... Why would someone say that to a team who every year .... Never mind, thanks Warrior82 ...

I wonder if people feel the need to tell Ravenwood or Whitehaven the same thing? I would go on over to that thread but the "Senator" doesn't want me on that thread.  :rolleyes:

I have seen both teams when doing radio. After round 1 in the playoffs I felt as though Oakland would have a chance when playing MHS. Strong QB, 2 good backs, 2 good wide outs and an impressive D Line. I thought it was the best team William Blount had faced all year. Well now I have retracted my thoughts. Oakland's inability to cover in the secondary will be their undoing. Hopkins will have guys running around all night wide open and, as long as the line can protect him, he will pick them apart. Final score MHS 35 Oakland 14. It's just the same ole story just a different year. Teams come from Kingsport/Johnson City/Sevier County/Murfreesboro.......and they all think they have a shot. Then they look up and it is 14-0 before they can even get sweaty. It is rather remarkable....but it is the truth.

Seen it 4 times in past 2 years. Really is remarkable how that happens.