Marion Co @ Hampton (Ross Man vs That Lunsford Man)

Roy Dillard

Good prediction but i hate when someone says that it will come down to heart and determination. More than likely this game will be decided on miscues and the team that loses will be kicking themselves for what could have been. This is the semifinals, i think both teams marion and hampton probably have an equal amount of heart and determination and to say one wanted it more than the other at the end of the day is doing injustice to either team. I would say both want this win more than anything come friday night and both will leave it on the field. Barring a bunch of turnovers, and even then, the team that wins will be more talented and it wont be because someone wanted it more or had more heart. Watch the young men that lose feiday night and you can see how big their hearts are because all of the work that they have poured into this season will seem at the moment to be for nothing. Thats my take.

I use the term "mental strength"......some great teams with lots of heart didn't have the mental strength to recover after a miscue or have enough to keep focused for 4qtrs in a real tight game....Maybe you and I are saying the same thing in a different way.

ex. Last season we held basketball sub-state against Meigs...We blew TWO 19-point leads but still won....Both were great teams, but we had a couple that were mentally tougher IMO

Good prediction but i hate when someone says that it will come down to heart and determination. More than likely this game will be decided on miscues and the team that loses will be kicking themselves for what could have been. This is the semifinals, i think both teams marion and hampton probably have an equal amount of heart and determination and to say one wanted it more than the other at the end of the day is doing injustice to either team. I would say both want this win more than anything come friday night and both will leave it on the field. Barring a bunch of turnovers, and even then, the team that wins will be more talented and it wont be because someone wanted it more or had more heart. Watch the young men that lose feiday night and you can see how big their hearts are because all of the work that they have poured into this season will seem at the moment to be for nothing. Thats my take.

Yeah I expect both bunches of Coaches and players will leave it ALL on the field. 2 bunches of winners and one will come up short on the scoreboard. Losers don't get to this round. My heart will break for the losers but if we win, I'll be tickled to death. You guys are a GREAT bunch to chat with, I hate disrespect. There are games where I'm fairly sure we will win by 40 but I never disrespect their team and don't rub salt in the wound when its over. There is one exception to the rule.  When people don't respect us, I return the favor.

Determination a quality that makes you continue doing something difficult til the task is achieved. I did not say that to take anything away from the loser! By looking at deffinition the winner will have more determination! Both teams are talented and have great coaches and this will be a game you don't want to miss!

Determination a quality that makes you continue doing something difficult til the task is achieved. I did not say that to take anything away from the loser! By looking at deffinition the winner will have more determination! Both teams are talented and have great coaches and this will be a game you don't want to miss!

I know you didnt say it to take anything away, but it sounds like it. I will respectfully disagree with you. If we win it wont be because we are more determined than hampton, it will be because we will be better on that night. I dont care if everyone says after friday that hampton would win nine out of ten games against us, i just want our one victory to come this friday. We dont have to be the best team in the state every week, just better than our opponent on friday. Wintheday!

So really you could be confident that you will beat us by 40 is what youre saying....... :).....usually the only ones most of us disrespect is the south pitt folks and they return the favor.

Yes I could be confident that we would beat you by 40 and I wouldn't say it, but that's the farthest thing from the truth. I'm just hoping to heck we can win by 1. Ain't  NO way in my mind we blow you off the field unless you have a bunch of bad mistakes. I was  fairly sure we would beat Grace, but I never dreamed it would be like that. If we played them again ,it probably wouldn't be.

Guys, have a great Thanksgiving!  We all have a lot to be thankful for.  Good luck to both and an injury free game.  Safe travels to Marion.  God bless you all and your families!

Thanksgiving is my favorite day of the year but we all need to give thanks 365 days a year. A bunch of people are not nearly as blessed as the kids that will take the field on Friday. Always be thankful for the many blessings and have sympathy for the unfortunate people . My dream is the whole world  living in a perfect world. Best thing about that , its really gonna happen.

• Upvote 1