Peabody vs NCS

PeabodyPride

I heard that this would be coach Brothers final year at NCS, but you know how rumors start.

I could see him moving to a Williamson County public school someday. All the better private schools have good coaches. IMO the guy getting the most recognition is at Davidson Academy. He's certainly a guy on the radar of top tier schools in middle TN. Administrators remember Brothers recent JPII days so that might scare a few off?

He's built a program thats had no history of winning into what it is now (may have gone 10-0 in 1986?). However,It will get much much tougher on him when they move to Div IIA but his connections with BA, and the community, will continue to help him build a nice roster. Theres always a chance that coaches move and create an opening but I'm not sure he would be in the discussion? Maybe after several more years he moves up the list? He's considered by many as a good guy and has put NCS on the map regardless. Congrats to him and NCS.

This team will evolve and will continue to be exceptional. When you see next year's team I will not be surprised to see multiple 1000+ yard rushers and a 1500+ yard passer. Honest assessment.

NCS has been building this team for the last 3 years. The senior class they are losing is huge. There has to be some dropoff. Brothers knows how to get kids to come to a school I understand that for sure, but they will be in D2 after next year so I guess that's ok as well.

Questions for the Peabody fans. What happened in that first meeting with Dresden? Did you really lose 39-0? That's an incredible turn around to beat Dresden in the rematch 28-24. Was it weather, bad game plan, etc?

I agree with you, but looking around the state this season there have been a lot of rematches won by the team that lost the regular season game. The turnaround for Peabody is tremendous. We saw a similar thing in the Chattanooga area. Tyner lost to Boyd 40-7 in the regular season, but then beat them in the playoffs 13-7. That's the same type of turnaround Peabody saw in beating Dresden. Sometimes those revenge games are enough to do it and the other team could also be a little over confident.

Questions for the Peabody fans. What happened in that first meeting with Dresden? Did you really lose 39-0? That's an incredible turn around to beat Dresden in the rematch 28-24. Was it weather, bad game plan, etc?

Yes, we lost 39-0 then beat them 35-14. When we met Dresden the first time, we did not have Malone playing QB. He was on the field, but our back up QB played that game. When Malone had some issues in the classroom, the Coach took away his QB position. He had to earn that leadership position back. He only touched the ball a few times. With kids not playing their regular positions, it really threw the entire team off. Once the team got back into place again, they started firing on all cylinders and caught their playoff spark.

Happy Thanksgiving Everyone! I pray you all have a blessed day!

Edited by TPeabodyGT

Yes, we lost 39-0 then beat them 35-14. When we met Dresden the first time, we did not have Malone playing QB. He was on the field, but our back up QB played that game. When Malone had some issues in the classroom, the Coach took away his QB position. He had to earn that leadership position back. He only touched the ball a few times. With kids not playing their regular positions, it really threw the entire team off. Once the team got back into place again, they started firing on all cylinders and caught their playoff spark.

Happy Thanksgiving Everyone! I pray you all have a blessed day!

Our linemen hadnt settled into their positions either!!!We basically graduated our o and d line last year except for a few!!

Have watched this program since he got there.  Absolutely has to have greater talent to win.  has not won one game where talent was close or equal.  .  My houston co boys beat them one year when they were way better than us. He is the proverbial pig in a poke, had a guy tell me once if he would have just handed the ball to Golden Tate he would have won a state championship at JP2.  unless he changes and lets his best players determine the game instead of some Playstation offense he comes up with he will lose Friday.  

+1