Trezevant vs. Marion THE BATTLE FOR 2A SUPREMACY

the voters must have read on here Richardson is playing on a 4a team.according to many on here.

Richardson played a crazy schedule, several beasts and then chumps. Hard to put up big #s either way. The beasts slows you down and the subs play the chumps. Goldsmith is one heck of a player but I'd go with Richardson.

1st quarter they moved it scored then threw a pick 6 and then didnt really move it much more until the 4th with trez subs in. It was a reason score was 44-6 at half

Yes we did move it up and down field. It wasn't just the 4th Q. I went back and watched film and was pleasantly surprised that we moved it as much as we did. We just couldn't finish. Goldsmith would have taken care of that.

For those wondering Goldsmith is a big back that is very shifty. He's 6' and 210. Richardson is bigger at 227 but is not as shifty. I believe Richardson might be a tad faster. Goldsmith also did a great job passing the ball when needed. His stats were much better but I'm not naive to think that Richardsons stats could have been better. They could have easily been better. Richardson is to Trez what Goldsmith is to TCA. Take those studs away and you have two good 2A teams but not great teams.

Yes we did move it up and down field. It wasn't just the 4th Q. I went back and watched film and was pleasantly surprised that we moved it as much as we did. We just couldn't finish. Goldsmith would have taken care of that.

For those wondering Goldsmith is a big back that is very shifty. He's 6' and 210. Richardson is bigger at 227 but is not as shifty. I believe Richardson might be a tad faster. Goldsmith also did a great job passing the ball when needed. His stats were much better but I'm not naive to think that Richardsons stats could have been better. They could have easily been better. Richardson is to Trez what Goldsmith is to TCA. Take those studs away and you have two good 2A teams but not great teams.

How many times did TCA get inside the 20 on trez ? Only 3 times that I remember 1 on the 1st TD 1 more on the pick 6 then one time in 4th.. I could be wrong and this is by no means a knock on TCA y'all had a great year and surprised a lot of people across the state.

Goldsmith deserved mr football guy is stud. I would hate to have to take on him or Richardson one on one in the open field.

Edited by big_mike0307

What did they give Signal Mt when they won? Signal was clearly the best 4A team playing 2A ball.

North Red Bank Mountain was a new school then amd no one could figure out exactly how many students were swingin the doors...it did catch up with em

Booger just sayin  :twisted:

Edited by Booger

Old Pirate says the Jasper kinfolkes got a fighters chance, ifin theys can avoid the round house haymakers? The Warrior youngons.........have earned respect for their play but it will take a complete team effort to bring home the bacon. Enjoy the week, focus, prepare physically & mentally and come feuding time, take it to them city folkes!

Edited by OLD PIRATE

Marion has more discipline than Trezevant. Marion has a better defence than Trezevant. Marion special Teams are better. Trezevant has the advantage in the running game. Marion is tough against the run. I have seen both teams and I believe the people from Memphis are in for a wake up call. I don't go out of my way to give MC props but this is a solid team. Good luck MC just play your game and you will be fine.

I'm trying to understand what's your basis on believing that MC is more disciplined than the North Memphis Bears........