1A State Championship-Greenback and NCS!

orngnblk

. Just curious how many publics were within 28 points of NCS this season? I know Wayne County played them closer than anyone, but how close was anyone else. I don't know if this was a typical NCS game or one of their better games but this was not GBs best game at all. Too many missed tackles, missed assignments, terrible route running, bad throws to compete today. Worse game QB has had all season and he'd be first to tell you. But even with all that how many teams did NCS beat by less than 28?

Ever thought of other players making u miss tackles.

Ever thought of other players making u miss tackles.

Oh yeah!That team was very hard to tackle especially in the first half had to adjust to their size and speed and athletic abilities far superior than we have ever played against.Second was much better but still they were some men out there.12,35,11 WOW! Edited by orngnblk

. Just curious how many publics were within 28 points of NCS this season? I know Wayne County played them closer than anyone, but how close was anyone else. I don't know if this was a typical NCS game or one of their better games but this was not GBs best game at all. Too many missed tackles, missed assignments, terrible route running, bad throws to compete today. Worse game QB has had all season and he'd be first to tell you. But even with all that how many teams did NCS beat by less than 28?

Do you think the only reason we scored 7 points in the 2nd half was your stellar defense? Do you think we let off the gas to keep some level of respectability? Do you recall last weeks score at the half? Or the Huntingdon score at the half?

Mistakes and poor play are caused by pressure. Ironically Wayne County, Peabody, and now Greenbacks QB have all played their worst game of the season in consecutive weeks. All of these teams turned the ball over way more than normal as well. If you have an ounce of football sense you know why that is. It is by no means a coincidence. You can't abandon the run before the game begins and start throwing 50/50 balls once you get pressured.

Since your asking I'll give my opinion. Wayne County score would be almost identical to ours had they represented the west. They would have made sure the final score was respectable. As far as Dresden and Union City the score would have been worse. Trenton would have won by several scores. Huntingdon would have had to fight but would come up on top. Trousdale County, Joe Byrns and Monterey would have given you all you wanted and probably been the best opponents for you. None of them had much offense this year but they would have fought you youth and nail.

Sure, it was fine to have private schools mixed in as long as you were kicking their heads in, right? NCS won anywhere from 1 to 5 games a year and didn't make the playoffs for the 9 seasons before Coach Brothers came while regularly getting pounded by public schools like Jo Byrns and Houston County, etc. No complaints from the publics there, right? Happy to have you as long as we can kill you. But after bringing in a top quality coach and building a program, "It's Not Fair"!. "Waaah". "My little Billy Bubba shouldn't have to play against that big bad private school that had never won a championship before and got knocked out of the playoffs the last 3 years by a public school". What a joke. So go ahead and separate the publics and privates and the publics can go back to winning hollow championships against subpar competition and you can hoist your tarnished gold ball up into your little trophy cases and feel good about yourselves again.

Ahhhhh...finally an honest post!! The previous coach was playing by the rules with the players that were there. Hired a new coach and Bam started winning championships. Well what changed? It is simple they started recruiting better athletes.

I'm thinking next year may be the year for Greenback.

We will be MUCH better next yr.Alot of good things are happening at GB.Starts after Christmas!☺.Spring you all will see a little different team.Gonna be another fun he.Good luck to everyone.

NCS you don't have to keep telling us how good you are we know.You all won the game we didn't give it to you.Yes we could have played better but the outcome doesn't change.Congrats and enjoy you don't have anything else to prove,and you don't have to blow smoke up any other teams butt.We finished second whether anyone else likes it or not.Good luck to those SRS they are something else!

Ahhhhh...finally an honest post!! The previous coach was playing by the rules with the players that were there. Hired a new coach and Bam started winning championships. Well what changed? It is simple they started recruiting better athletes.

Once again you've missed the point.  No recruiting needed.  The players come to you because they know they'll get to play for a great coach.  Probably difficult to understand for someone with your limited mental abilities.