1A State Championship-Greenback and NCS!

orngnblk

It's more than just the titles. 28-10 private schools over public in the playoffs this year, even with the multiplier that was supposed to "level things out."

5 of the 12 teams playing this weekend are private schools. Almost half of the final teams are represented by less than 10% of the schools that play varsity football. That stat holds water almost every year. Not the private schools fault, they are playing with the rules the TSSAA sets for them. Again not whining, merely stating numbers. NCS was impressive, very good team, congrats to both teams on a GREAT season.

Not sure how you can NCS cheaters when we all PAY for our kids to go to school.. jealousy looks ugly on you all...

Everyone knows I am not a fan of private schools playing in a public division so this isn't singing praises of a school I usually pull for. I just want to say I was impressed with the way NCS conducted themselves both players and staff. Sure I saw some kids from both sides mouth off or otherwise let their emotions overwhelm them, that's common place now days. What was impressive was more than once I saw an NCS player get in the ear of the offending NCS player and help bring them back to where they need to be. I saw one example of this, and I won't identify their numbers, but an NCS player got involved in some jawing. Two of his teammates on the sideline immediately went to him and talked to him. Later in the game a different NCS player was involved in a minor encounter. Again a teammate went to him, when I looked it was the first player I referred to needing a calm voice in his ear returning the favor to a teammate. Saw several different examples of similar actions as well as help up and head pats of greenback players after plays. Nicely done NCS and GB, it could have easily gotten chippy but in the end both teams maintained Pride, Class and Character. Hats off to both.

Edited by crow
  • Upvote 1