1A State Championship-Greenback and NCS!

orngnblk

I don't normally day a whole lot about the private vs public issue but will go on record and state my opinion. It is NOT cheating because TSSAA ALLOWS IT!!! That is the issue. It puzzles the mind in this day and time they still have not got this right. I mean no disrespect to any private school but it should not matter whether they pay tuition or not. That is the most dumbfounding thing to base the difference on D2 or D1 because most people can come up with the money if it is important enough to go to "that" school. Drive paid for cars for years, sell your house and rent, save up for it, a lot of sacrifices for 4 years. Nothing wrong with that or sending your kid to private school because we most do whatever we feel is best for our kids and want to provide for their best future. They just need to put them where they belong and that is in the private division competing with apples vs. apples instead of apples vs. oranges. These schools once established are like playing small colleges that fill their roster with needed position players. The publics often play people out of position because you do what you have to do. You may be lineman heave it skill position heavy and just deal. There are so many reason this is not a level playing field and to argue anything different is just baseless. I have said all this not to take away from NCS championship because they are doing what every other private school is doing and that is building the best football program they can. They too would have to admit it is easier to win championships as a private in the public division than a private in the private division unless you are facing another private. I still have not read the complete TSSAA changes to see exactly what the changes specifically are and when they are proposed to go into effect. I just don't understand the reluctance to fix this for so long.

To all the NCS coaches/administration/players/cheerleaders/parents that were a part of yesterday....

Congrats on a great season.  You are state champions for 365 days.  

And as the parent of a recent grad, I want to thank you all for the love shown our son yesterday.  He is so proud to be a part of this program.

• Upvote 1

I don't normally day a whole lot about the private vs public issue but will go on record and state my opinion. It is NOT cheating because TSSAA ALLOWS IT!!! That is the issue. It puzzles the mind in this day and time they still have not got this right. I mean no disrespect to any private school but it should not matter whether they pay tuition or not. That is the most dumbfounding thing to base the difference on D2 or D1 because most people can come up with the money if it is important enough to go to "that" school. Drive paid for cars for years, sell your house and rent, save up for it, a lot of sacrifices for 4 years. Nothing wrong with that or sending your kid to private school because we most do whatever we feel is best for our kids and want to provide for their best future. They just need to put them where they belong and that is in the private division competing with apples vs. apples instead of apples vs. oranges. These schools once established are like playing small colleges that fill their roster with needed position players. The publics often play people out of position because you do what you have to do. You may be lineman heave it skill position heavy and just deal. There are so many reason this is not a level playing field and to argue anything different is just baseless. I have said all this not to take away from NCS championship because they are doing what every other private school is doing and that is building the best football program they can. They too would have to admit it is easier to win championships as a private in the public division than a private in the private division unless you are facing another private. I still have not read the complete TSSAA changes to see exactly what the changes specifically are and when they are proposed to go into effect. I just don't understand the reluctance to fix this for so long.

Not arguing with your opinion or saying your wrong but name one other 1a private that has a chance of winning the gold. CA is probably the second best private in 1a and they just completed their best season ever and GB beat them. This is the best group NCS has ever had, if they continue their dominance then I might start thinking its fishy but I'm not jumping on them til I see what next year has in store

Good luck to all teams next season! This Mom is preparing for the round ball with one in HS and one in MS it will be up to 4 nights a week and hectic schedules, etc. HS starts Tuesday vs. GCA at home. I'll be at 6 games next week! We have 13 of our 15 basketball players coming off the football field.

Good luck to all teams next season! This Mom is preparing for the round ball with one in HS and one in MS it will be up to 4 nights a week and hectic schedules, etc. HS starts Tuesday vs. GCA at home. I'll be at 6 games next week! We have 13 of our 15 basketball players coming off the football field.

Holy cow!!! Have they not been playing bball already? If so who has been playing?

Holy cow!!! Have they not been playing bball already? If so who has been playing?

Didn't schedule any games till second week of Dec.Couldn't most play all sports we are a very small school!When I played in the late 80's we didn't schedule BBall games either because of same reason,we were always in the playoffs and can't play Bball without players.LOL. Edited by orngnblk

. Nope! Crazy huh? Can't play with 2 like OnB said, lol. We have the same thing happen in baseball. Almost our whole baseball team is football/basketball players. We'll have 30 plus going out for baseball who also play football with only 1 Senior that does not play football. We were one win shy of making our first ever state appearance in baseball this past season! Return all but 2 from that team and gain a ton of new Freshman that are very talented baseball players. The joys of 1A sports in a small rural school. Lots to be proud of!

. Nope! Crazy huh? Can't play with 2 like OnB said, lol. We have the same thing happen in baseball. Almost our whole baseball team is football/basketball players. We'll have 30 plus going out for baseball who also play football with only 1 Senior that does not play football. We were one win shy of making our first ever state appearance in baseball this past season! Return all but 2 from that team and gain a ton of new Freshman that are very talented baseball players. The joys of 1A sports in a small rural school. Lots to be proud of!

Greenback has certainly made a lot of improvements in baseball since I've been in school. It's certainly a positive because there is too much talent there for them not to be competitive like they were not long ago. I'm glad that they're finding success now though. When Greenback is competitive and playing good in baseball, it certainly helps our district and is good for it. I'm sure we'll be seeing each other when you guys play Harriman in basketball as well as baseball!