Ravunwould agin Mairvul (tha reemaitch)

STARSNBARS

you never surprise me. The haters mark themselves. I dont have any problem nor should I with anyone that supports their team or that doesnt like MARYVILLE, its not required. But as I said in previous post there are many out there that would like to see MARYVILLE loose just because it gives them a false feeling of victory.

I disagree I would like to see how that matchup versus a BA, Ensworth , Hoover or a Bowling Green would unfold, any football fan would love to see that matchup - also having lived in Tennessee and where my family still lives I would choose MHS over any out of state team , would support them against Ensworth (dislike Bowers) but root for BA

I mentioned before for what fun is it during the regular season sitting in the stands watching your teams starters pulled at halftime ?

Minus the exception of Alcoa game usually you are not tested until you make the semis ( this year not counting )

He is correct whenever someone says play one of the above teams a few get offended a few start spinning with the my kid can't miss a half day of school or too much money which is nonsense

Said before will say it again there is a reason why you don't play a private school and its bout losing...

I remember back in the day when Brentwood was one of the better teams in the state - now a generation ago I guess. Good for them that they are now back relevant again. I hadn't heard much about them in a while. I look forward to watching them play Thursday. Hopefully the other team is also good enough to provide some competition.

Webb 😂😂😂 good try though and they played BA in the 80's try having a relevant game that you can actually compare haha.. Webb is like a peewee team compared to the upper D2 group and if Maryville is so great and unbeatable, then play a high ranking out of state team or D2 2A team instead of beating up on weak regional opponents all regular season

Give up the scholarships and pull from your local area and see how good those D2 teams are. You're talking apples and oranges.

I look forward to Maryville playing Ravenwood. It should be a great game. All of the other matchups mentioned on this thread are fictional and no one knows how they would play out. Enjoy the game we have and let the other chatter perhaps go to a thread intended to play these IFL games.

I disagree I would like to see how that matchup versus a BA, Ensworth , Hoover or a Bowling Green would unfold, any football fan would love to see that matchup - also having lived in Tennessee and where my family still lives I would choose MHS over any out of state team , would support them against Ensworth (dislike Bowers) but root for BA

I mentioned before for what fun is it during the regular season sitting in the stands watching your teams starters pulled at halftime ?

Minus the exception of Alcoa game usually you are not tested until you make the semis ( this year not counting )

He is correct whenever someone says play one of the above teams a few get offended a few start spinning with the my kid can't miss a half day of school or too much money which is nonsense

Said before will say it again there is a reason why you don't play a private school and its bout losing...

the only thing i jave evr said is why? What is to gain? Play them sure I am not against it. But its the attitude that you use in your last sentence that backs me up. We really have nothing to prove to you or anyone else.

No kidding. Ravenwood had the perfect chance last year. Doubt they get such a chance again.[/quote

Like I mentioned before don't count this team out nor compare to last years -

This years Defense is much better than last years

Most every game RW played this year I thought they would lose but Hester is a mini GQ where he takes the talent he has and makes them better and they are always prepared and execute well on all sides of the ball - they are a fundamentally sound team ( held Dahaven to 64 yards in 2nd half )

For RW to win Rowland will need to carry the team on his back and has done it all season

Will be much closer than some are expecting

MHS takes it but it will be earned

Also I'm sure MHS faithful will give props to Rowland , fun kid to watch play

Rowland scirrs me two deth....Tha othur Rowland wuz goodur laist yeer....Butt eye'm knott shore abowt tha mini part...... :popcorneater:

Edited by STARSNBARS

66.... Bowlin' Grean didun't evun beet Blaickmun inn 2013...Thaits whut happuns when'st ewe go outta state and git robbed like tha Blaze did inn 2013....And then'st thay reenig on playin' tha necks yeer like Bowlin' Grean did..... :popcorneater:

the only thing i jave evr said is why? What is to gain? Play them sure I am not against it. But its the attitude that you use in your last sentence that backs me up. We really have nothing to prove to you or anyone else.

Grey with respect I'm just giving my opinion on the subject and its your attitude that backs me up

Your right you don't need to prove anything your trophy case does all the talking

You ask what is their to gain ?

I ask you what is their to lose playing a private ?

What you would gain is playing top competition and that is what any true competitor , coach and fan wants !!!!

Gain's would be record crowd and gate receipts along with knowing if you are the best .....

What fun is it playing every game when the games over at halftime ?

What fun is it knowing your not playing the best competition ...

Sure give me the argument your playing for the gold ball only and that is fine because others will still say your the number 2 team in state...

Years ago Smith while at Indy ( year they lost state title game to smyrna ) was asked why he scheduled MBA and BA ? His response was you wanna play the best to be the best !

Again my opinion is that GQ is a smart man and he knows that he wouldn't win

Until it happens that is what many many many think and why shouldn't we ?

Like I said if it's an out of state team I assure you anyone that would not pull for you to beat a bama or Kentucky team is not a true Tennesseean football fan ............

As for other accusations of wanting MHS to lose well that is human nature when a team dominates

Think old Dallas Cowboys , current Patriots , Alabama Football , Kentucky Basketball -

Take it as respect that your team is thought of that