Pearl-Cohn vs Knoxville Catholic Class 4A State Title Game

I was extremely impressed with PC's athletes but not so much the coaching. For example if you watched KC QB after he handed off he would always carry out a fake but PC's would stand and watch which means nothing was being set up. I think their athletes could match up with anyone's however. Catholics athletes much better than I thought which means Marshall was much better than I have them credit for.

One last thing and I mean this with all the love in the world. I hope all those athletes from all the teams mentioned graduate...lol

Marshall County loses Posey, a few of the athletes and a few crucial linemen.  If they can replace the linemen, I think they'll be right back in the thick of things next year.  They bring back a lot of the key receivers and a really good young running back.  

All being said, this Catholic team should be even better next year based on everything I heard that night at the game.  Pretty scary to think about.  Hopefully they'll get to make the 3 and a half hour drive to Lewisburg next year for a semi-final rematch.

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was extremely impressed with PC's athletes but not so much the coaching. For example if you watched KC QB after he handed off he would always carry out a fake but PC's would stand and watch which means nothing was being set up. I think their athletes could match up with anyone's however. Catholics athletes much better than I thought which means Marshall was much better than I have them credit for.

One last thing and I mean this with all the love in the world. I hope all those athletes from all the teams mentioned graduate...lol

PC coaches are just fine! We ran into a better team yesterday but u don't get to the state without coaching. Congrats to KC solid team from top to bottom.

Those Grace kids played Catholic Youth Football from 2nd grade to 5th. Couldn't blame them for playing middle school football over Knox County Metro. Chase K played AAU basketball with most of the kids from Catholic since 4th grade. I think him wanting to play hoops with his friends had more of an impact on him attending Catholic then football.

Congrats ... Q  .. impressive ending to your season .. I always thought whoever came out of the matchup with you guys and my Falcons would win it all ... you guys won when it meant the most. But you guys definately peaked at right time .. like I said we can at least say we beat the State Champs ... 2 close games with you guys.. wish we hadnt spotted you 26 points in 1st Qtr but .... you guys came out ready and we didnt .. as far as next year no DOUBT you guys are the heavy favorite with all others chasing including Falcons and Greeneville but I would say you guys would have the easiest path next year as did the Devils did in 2010 and 2011 and Falcons in 2012, 2013 ( had a few scares with out Rollins )  and 2014 .     

Those Grace kids played Catholic Youth Football from 2nd grade to 5th. Couldn't blame them for playing middle school football over Knox County Metro. Chase K played AAU basketball with most of the kids from Catholic since 4th grade. I think him wanting to play hoops with his friends had more of an impact on him attending Catholic then football.

Two dirtiest private schools in Knoxville. Grace calling catholic bad? what a joke...lol

Congrats ... Q  .. impressive ending to your season .. I always thought whoever came out of the matchup with you guys and my Falcons would win it all ... you guys won when it meant the most. But you guys definately peaked at right time .. like I said we can at least say we beat the State Champs ... 2 close games with you guys.. wish we hadnt spotted you 26 points in 1st Qtr but .... you guys came out ready and we didnt .. as far as next year no DOUBT you guys are the heavy favorite with all others chasing including Falcons and Greeneville but I would say you guys would have the easiest path next year as did the Devils did in 2010 and 2011 and Falcons in 2012, 2013 ( had a few scares with out Rollins )  and 2014 .     

Fulton will be the favorite, always.

Fulton with all the youth will be talented and difficult to play.

Edited by QSouth89

I'm guessing 100 stud football players find Knox Catholic next year somehow.... Kinda like how they went from Average to pretty dang good with kids I've never seen at catholic all of a sudden on the team when the new coach arrived.

So you mean Catholic hired a coach that kids want to come there and play for?? Why would they do such a thing? 

I think Catholic played their best game of the year Saturday. The team peaked at the perfect time. It's hard to beat a team that had great games from 5 different skill people on offense along with dominant line play on both sides of the ball. This team experienced tremendous growth from the first to last game. The QB went from third string to Offensive MVP. The defense made significant changes in both scheme and players from game one. Excellent job by the coaching staff!

I think the future is very bright for the Irish. A great junior class will have high expectations next year. I think the success will lead to more area athletes considering Catholic when evaluating where to attend high school. I think both Webb and CAK refused to schedule Catholic because they didn't want to lose to them.