Offishull Mairvul 2016 Footbawl thread

STARSNBARS

Maryville has a great incoming class of freshman, which ones do you think will possibly play this year and start as sophomore's?  Hodge ?

32h we keap addin' garbige cusstoemurs two this klass so thair iz sum unknowed thair rite now....Butt thay's Tee, a big ole 260lb. linemun, 3 maybee moore WR's, Endsley, sum othur athleets, 2 trainsfurr QB's....etc... :popcorneater:

Had Brock been healthy it would have been a different game. Seen the same thing happen against Hillsboro when we lost a key receiver on the opening kickoff and tried to return to the game in the second half at only half speed. I could go on and explain how close Maryville could have had seven more gold balls in the trophy case but s### happens.

In fairness Barney, there are at least a couple of gold balls that Maryville won that could have easily been silver balls, too. It works both ways.

In fairness Barney, there are at least a couple of gold balls that Maryville won that could have easily been silver balls, too. It works both ways.

You are exactly right. The 2001 & 2002 games with Hillsboro, the 2004 & 2005 games with Melrose, the 2008 game with Hillsboro, the 2010 game with Smyrna, the 2012 game with Whitehaven, and the last two years games with Ravenwood in 2014 & 2015 could have all produced opposite endings very easily.

In 1997 they weren't beating Pearl-Cohn's SEC team. In 1998 and 2000 they were leaps and bounds ahead of Whites Creek and Memphis East. In 2006 they were an established program that thumped a Hillsboro team going through an identity change under then first year coach Scott Blade. In 2007 they won their 60th consecutive game against Maplewood and were the better team but I think many spectators left the stadium that day surprised that the game was as competitive as it was. In 2009 White Station was just clearly a better football team. In 2011 I thought Maryville systematically out executed a team that was probably more talented but made far too many mistakes. The 2013 game with Hendersonville was simply a game of "men against boys" and it showed throughout.

There are two years that are absent from this list. 1999 & 2003. The 2003 team is the one that was shocked in the state semifinals by Morristown West. That was the year that Hillsboro beat Morristown West in the state title game. That run of Hillsboro players (Bryant, Fisher, etc.) won the state title although I'm sure to this day that they wished that they would have gotten a third shot at Maryville.

If Maryville reaches the state semifinals (or beyond) this year I believe it will have been 19 out of 20 years that they've practiced football on the morning of Thanksgiving. It would shock me if there is another school in the country that can say that.

You are exactly right. The 2001 & 2002 games with Hillsboro, the 2004 & 2005 games with Melrose, the 2008 game with Hillsboro, the 2010 game with Smyrna, the 2012 game with Whitehaven, and the last two years games with Ravenwood in 2014 & 2015 could have all produced opposite endings very easily.

In 1997 they weren't beating Pearl-Cohn's SEC team. In 1998 and 2000 they were leaps and bounds ahead of Whites Creek and Memphis East. In 2006 they were an established program that thumped a Hillsboro team going through an identity change under then first year coach Scott Blade. In 2007 they won their 60th consecutive game against Maplewood and were the better team but I think many spectators left the stadium that day surprised that the game was as competitive as it was. In 2009 White Station was just clearly a better football team. In 2011 I thought Maryville systematically out executed a team that was probably more talented but made far too many mistakes. The 2013 game with Hendersonville was simply a game of "men against boys" and it showed throughout.

There are two years that are absent from this list. 1999 & 2003. The 2003 team is the one that was shocked in the state semifinals by Morristown West. That was the year that Hillsboro beat Morristown West in the state title game. That run of Hillsboro players (Bryant, Fisher, etc.) won the state title although I'm sure to this day that they wished that they would have gotten a third shot at Maryville.

If Maryville reaches the state semifinals (or beyond) this year I believe it will have been 19 out of 20 years that they've practiced football on the morning of Thanksgiving. It would shock me if there is another school in the country that can say that.

hdik....Lett me ennurjeck rite heer....Ewe maik sum goodur points.....

Inn 2001 and 2005 eye thawt Mairvul pulled away lait and wuz cleerlee tha bettur teem....Problee tha hardust earned winn wuz inn 2002....Mairvul wuz beet and banged upp thait hole yeer and wuz beehind H'Boro bye 14 orr moore points 4 diffurent times and caim baick two winn inn a thrillur....

Inn my opinyun tha 2 best teems Mairvul haz beet inn tham champeenship gaimes wuz tha 2002 H'Boro teem and tha 2011 Whitehayvun teem....And eye thaink thait tha 2002 H'Boro teem wuz tha best H'Boro teem eye saw inn all them yeers thait we played tham (Eye didun't sea tha 2003 teem).....And eye beeleeve tha 2011 Whitehayvun teem wuz tha best teem WH haid....Evun bettur than 2012 imo...... :popcorneater:

Inn 2001 and 2005 eye thawt Mairvul pulled away lait and wuz cleerlee tha bettur teem....Problee tha hardust earned winn wuz inn 2002....Mairvul wuz beet and banged upp thait hole yeer and wuz beehind H'Boro bye 14 orr moore points 4 diffurent times and caim baick two winn inn a thrillur....

Inn my opinyun tha 2 best teems Mairvul haz beet inn tham champeenship gaimes wuz tha 2002 H'Boro teem and tha 2011 Whitehayvun teem....And eye thaink thait tha 2002 H'Boro teem wuz tha best H'Boro teem eye saw inn all them yeers thait we played tham (Eye didun't sea tha 2003 teem).....And eye beeleeve tha 2011 Whitehayvun teem wuz tha best teem WH haid....Evun bettur than 2012 imo...... :popcorneater:

I wouldn't disagree with any of this.

Heaven help me,I  am starting to be able to decipher Stars posts.

Just go with it. Don't fight it. It makes it easier.

2011 Whitehaven was really good.

Am I missing something?  The Rebels beat the 2011 Whitehaven team 23 - 7 and lost to the 2012 team in OT.  I think the 2012 was the better Whitehaven team.

Edited by OldRebel2