Offishull Mairvul 2016 Footbawl thread

STARSNBARS

SdB...Me and momma took my cuzzins "RV" frum upp oft Haired Jones Rd. laist yeer two Cookevegus (wheal bearin' wuz out ov tha Sillvur Bullit)...Hit wuz a littull biggur, haid a nice skeye lite, butt cold aire did seap inn thru tha walls.... :popcorneater:

1769284476_cec2721884.jpg

That looks like the equipment trailer for kodak a&m Edited by SdotBears

I take it that all the Rutherford County teams have darn good players. No doubt it is a step up when Maryville plays them. They do have great athletes. I will say this. You give me a team with good players and a great coaching staff anyday over a team with great athletes and subpar coaching. Alcoa,Fulton and Oakland were by far the most athletic teams we faced. But! Ravenwood was by far the best team Maryville played. Will Hestor and his staff were great. To me Will Hestor made Ravenwood Maryville west. Ravenwood teams the last 2 seasons reminded me so much of Maryville. Darn good players who buy into the team concept and play hard. I look for Nolansville the be a great program in the next few years.

Football is about matchups. Maryville did not struggle with Fulton (the QB was a freshman) or Oakland (never tried to spread them out; instead tried to run off tackle against them all night).

The years that Alcoa gives Maryville fits are those where they are capable of making plays in the passing game offensively. Who knows what happens in last year's game if Alcoa has it 1st & 10 in the redzone after hitting a huge play. That holding call was the difference in the game.

Ravenwood gave Maryville fits the last two years because of their ability to make Maryville play in space against athletic receivers.