Offishull Mairvul 2016 Footbawl thread

STARSNBARS

The Maryville Rebel family lost it's greatest fan ever Tuesday. Della Mae Nuchols passed away Tuesday. No one loved Rebel football more than her.

Did not know this, Ron. She is a legend...and that is a fact. Every heard of anyone being voted into the Hall of Fame as a fan? Prayers for the Nuchols family...

I don't know who wrote this swill, since they didn't sign their work. Are we in your head or what?

We don't need motivation, but we'll take it. One school gets compared to a whole county that is twice as big as Blount County.

"The one thing that we find interesting is the teams in recent history from the county haven’t been able to climb over that hill and take home a gold ball in the state championship. What make is interesting is the one team that consistently wins year after year in this division is Maryville which over the past 4 years has had only 3 D1 recruits and very few D2 recruits. That says something for what a system can do for a team and not just talent."

RED REBELS NOTE: The typo or grammar mistake was left in the quote.

https://rutherfordcountyfootballmaxpreps.wordpress.com/2016/06

/20/national-spotlight-on-rutherford-county-6a-high-school-football/

RuCoHype_zpsuds8qz5u.jpg

Edited by Red Rebels

I don't know who wrote this swill, since they didn't sign their work. Are we in your head or what?

We don't need motivation, but we'll take it. One school gets compared to a whole county that is twice as big as Blount County.

"The one thing that we find interesting is the teams in recent history from the county haven’t been able to climb over that hill and take home a gold ball in the state championship. What make is interesting is the one team that consistently wins year after year in this division is Maryville which over the past 4 years has had only 3 D1 recruits and very few D2 recruits. That says something for what a system can do for a team and not just talent."

The way I read that quote, it didn't come across as a slight to Maryville, but rather a compliment. The author (IMO) was impressed by the fact that Maryville can have such success without all the hyped-up athletes from Rutherford County. If there was an insult in there, I would say that it's directed towards the coaches in Rutherford County. 

The way I read that quote, it didn't come across as a slight to Maryville, but rather a compliment. The author (IMO) was impressed by the fact that Maryville can have such success without all the hyped-up athletes from Rutherford County. If there was an insult in there, I would say that it's directed towards the coaches in Rutherford County. 

I agree,it is a compliment to Maryville Football.There is no I in Team.The Maryville coaching staff is good at placing talent and using it in the proper position and making changes when needed.

I take it that all the Rutherford County teams have darn good players. No doubt it is a step up when Maryville plays them. They do have great athletes.  I will say this. You give me a team with good players and a great coaching staff anyday over a team with great athletes and subpar coaching.  Alcoa,Fulton and Oakland were by far the most athletic teams we faced. But! Ravenwood was by far the best team Maryville played. Will Hestor and his staff were great. To me Will Hestor made Ravenwood Maryville west. Ravenwood teams the last 2 seasons reminded me so much of Maryville. Darn good players who buy into the team concept and play hard. I look for Nolansville the be a great program in the next few years.

I take it that all the Rutherford County teams have darn good players. No doubt it is a step up when Maryville plays them. They do have great athletes.  I will say this. You give me a team with good players and a great coaching staff anyday over a team with great athletes and subpar coaching.  Alcoa,Fulton and Oakland were by far the most athletic teams we faced. But! Ravenwood was by far the best team Maryville played. Will Hestor and his staff were great. To me Will Hestor made Ravenwood Maryville west. Ravenwood teams the last 2 seasons reminded me so much of Maryville. Darn good players who buy into the team concept and play hard. I look for Nolansville the be a great program in the next few years.

You guys should take it as a compliment...y'all even get regular haters on the 1/2 A boards...just responded to a "Maryville sucks" rant in the Trezevant thread of all places. 

Some people can't understand without an explanation then some people can't even understand with an explanation.