2019- 3 schools, 2 with steep traditions will combine to form a monster.

TheTruthPrevails

What kind of mess is this? I garuntee you I just got back from a rv trip with Wendy and that man at Ronnies red eye called and told me about this mess. You Jasperlites done run out of money cause you been tithing to much. Have you Jasperlites run this mess by that Jackson man? I garuntee you the durn SOS and Grider want coach together and Grider has more championships than the SOS. Barney is just mad cause he want be able to dry the SOS balls any more. I garuntee you You think im joking but im not.

Edited by Roy Dillard

What kind of mess is this? I garuntee you I just got back from a rv trip with Wendy and that man at Ronnies red eye called and told me about this mess. You Jasperlites done run out of money cause you been tithing to much. Have you Jasperlites run this mess by that Jackson man? I garuntee you the durn SOS and Grider want coach together and Grider has more championships than the SOS. Barney is just mad cause he want be able to dry the SOS balls any more. I garuntee you You think im joking but im not.

Trust me we haven't run out of money. At least not yet. Glad to see you and Old Pee back. Did he go on that rv trip with you or is he actually Wendy??

I personally wouldn't like a school with 1200 students, but that's just my opinion. I believe the dual enrollment the county is now allowing addresses a lot of needs for everyone. Sequatchie County has a nice size school, but they are nowhere near that large. Our county is to long to have only one school in it. Orme Valley to Whitwell Mountain in nearly an hour apart. I could see two schools with them centrally located, but not one with the size and layout of the county. No purple, no orange, no red. No warriors, Pirates or tigers. That name, mascot, and color would spark a heated debate. LMBO

Francis C. Marion High School. Mascot : Swamp Fox Colors: black and silver .
  • Upvote 1

Old Pirate says the break room sure was festive today. The yahoos that support consolidation are full of mess. Every time the Jasper kinfolkes get to wanting a new gym or school upgrade consolidation becomes the topic of discussion. Beware if consolidation does happen, there will be several area schools that will benefit. 1. Richard Hardy 2. Several Chatt Privates 3. North Jackson. A 1000 student school will leave a huge amount of students not having an opportunity to play. Examples: Softball, the 3 schools have 60-70 players. Baseball, the 3 schools have 60-70 players. Basketball, the 3 schools have 60-70 including B-teams. Football, the 3 schools have 100-110 players. Now.........you num nuts that support or would support consolidation..... Please provide the 1. starting lineups on offense, 2. starting lineups on defense and provide coaches based on experience. Next thread Old Pirate will start a potential starting position & coaches! Regardless who....there will be a huge amount of kids that will Not be afforded an opportunity to play!

Edited by OLD PIRATE

Old Pirate says the break room sure was festive today. The yahoos that support consolidation are full of mess. Every time the Jasper kinfolkes get to wanting a new gym or school upgrade consolidation becomes the topic of discussion. Beware if consolidation does happen, there will be several area schools that will benefit. 1. Richard Hardy 2. Several Chatt Privates 3. North Jackson. A 1000 student school will leave a huge amount of students not having an opportunity to play. Examples: Softball, the 3 schools have 60-70 players. Baseball, the 3 schools have 60-70 players. Basketball, the 3 schools have 60-70 including B-teams. Football, the 3 schools have 100-110 players. Now.........you num nuts that support or would support consolidation..... Please provide the 1. starting lineups on offense, 2. starting lineups on defense and provide coaches based on experience. Next thread Old Pirate will start a potential starting position & coaches! Regardless who....there will be a huge amount of kids that will Not be afforded an opportunity to play!

Not sure I am for or against consolidation. There are valid arguments for both sides I believe. In regards to other schools benefitting from a merger I'm not sure as many as you think would transfer to private schools. Most people these days are living check to check and couldn't afford a private school or would have the means to transport their children. Not using it as an excuse but that's just the way I see it. NJ might benefit some but I believe most would stay and go to the new school. MC isn't looking for a new gym. What we have is fine. Not looking for an upgrade to the school either. Most people see these new nice schools being built and it would be nice for our kids to have something like that for sure. I know this is a sports site and there's a lot of talk about the sports programs but to me there's more to it than that. I don't see it happening any time soon but I do see it in the future. It is inevitable I believe.

Not sure I am for or against consolidation. There are valid arguments for both sides I believe. In regards to other schools benefitting from a merger I'm not sure as many as you think would transfer to private schools. Most people these days are living check to check and couldn't afford a private school or would have the means to transport their children. Not using it as an excuse but that's just the way I see it. NJ might benefit some but I believe most would stay and go to the new school. MC isn't looking for a new gym. What we have is fine. Not looking for an upgrade to the school either. Most people see these new nice schools being built and it would be nice for our kids to have something like that for sure. I know this is a sports site and there's a lot of talk about the sports programs but to me there's more to it than that. I don't see it happening any time soon but I do see it in the future. It is inevitable I believe.

Old Pirate wasn't suggesting the Warriors needed a new gym! Every time a community, namely Jasper needs an upgrade and since they are the biggest school in the county consolidation comes up. Take off the Rose Colored Glasses for a spell. The small privates in Chatt like Chatt Christian & Boyd will benefit when they convert to Dll & they can.... provide scholarships, then the parent costs are greatly reduced or eliminated. OP is pert near sure private schools have routinely run buses to the county to pick up students also! Edited by OLD PIRATE

Old Pirate wasn't suggesting the Warriors needed a new gym! Every time a community, namely Jasper needs an upgrade and since they are the biggest school in the county consolidation comes up. Take off the Rose Colored Glasses for a spell. The small privates in Chatt like Chatt Christian & Boyd will benefit when they convert to Dll & they can.... provide scholarships, then the parent costs are greatly reduced or eliminated.

You're the one that said new gym. Seems you is a bit confused especially since SP is sitting on a new gym!