2019- 3 schools, 2 with steep traditions will combine to form a monster.

TheTruthPrevails

So, Ross would be the offensive coordinator and Vic the DC. PP68 could handle special teams and Roy, strength and conditioning. Pirate Mike and rikberry would handle equipment and Bass would be the new SOS! Truth would drive the bus. All in favor?

I think that Roy would be able to be both OC and handle his equipment, he has been doing it a long time.  I don't think my services or skill set will be required, yet.

Edited by rikberry

There is way more support than there was in 97. No way there are two schools built. Two as opposed to three schools isnt going to be a big money saver. That will never happen i dont think. All the people opposed to consolidation point back to football. The positives far outweigh the negatives. The support is in place to get the ball rolling. We will see in a couple of months. The bus routes wouldnt change, other than coming from whitwell to the new school, or sp and mc to the new one. Same buses would be utilized, maybe a couple more.

In my mind the only way two schools would be built is if one was off in the future contingent on growth in the north.

There is way more support than there was in 97. No way there are two schools built. Two as opposed to three schools isnt going to be a big money saver. That will never happen i dont think. All the people opposed to consolidation point back to football. The positives far outweigh the negatives. The support is in place to get the ball rolling. We will see in a couple of months. The bus routes wouldnt change, other than coming from whitwell to the new school, or sp and mc to the new one. Same buses would be utilized, maybe a couple more.

Way more support is an understatement. The support now a days comes from social media.. As we are discussing it now. TTP must be talking to the same people I am because he is spot on with all of his statements. I know this is a hot topic with MC officials currently. The last I heard collective decision/planning phase to start in 2016-2017. 2017-2018 architectural design, approval of design, funding. 2020 groundbreaking on construction. 

I hope they just leave us alone. Brideport became a ghost town once they took their community school away. I like our small, community schools. They still exist all over the state of Tennessee. Coalfield, Greenback, Sunbright, Harriman, Tellico Plains, etc are some of the examples.  Our town needs our school. This should at the very least be a city by city vote. 5 or 6 people on a school board shouldn't have the power to just up and tell us were combining your schools. That school would be over 1000 students. I'm not for that at all.

I hope they just leave us alone. Brideport became a ghost town once they took their community school away. I like our small, community schools. They still exist all over the state of Tennessee. Coalfield, Greenback, Sunbright, Harriman, Tellico Plains, etc are some of the examples. Our town needs our school. This should at the very least be a city by city vote. 5 or 6 people on a school board shouldn't have the power to just up and tell us were combining your schools. That school would be over 1000 students. I'm not for that at all.

Sp wouldnt be a ghost town, to many shops and such. Long long overdue in my opinion. It isnt school board members only. Richard hardy and north jackson may be an option to those that dont want a large school. Sp is in trouble anyway with their enrollment numbers is what i hear.

Edited by TheTruthPrevails

I heard earlier this week the school will open in the fall of 2019 if everything goes as planned.

If your hearing 2019, then they probably need to get on the stick.  Architectural/Engineering drawing take some time plus when their complete, then the state fire marshal has to sign off on the drawings...that could be a couple months depending on how much of a back log there is. As for construction time which all depends on the amount of site prep needed, building design/size, weather, and other factors your looking at best at a minimum of 24 months from groundbreaking to occupancy.

Greenback's new school took around 24 months to build and with a core capacity of 900 students. The school opened the second half of the 2013-14 school year, but talk of it started around 2006.

I hope they just leave us alone. Brideport became a ghost town once they took their community school away. I like our small, community schools. They still exist all over the state of Tennessee. Coalfield, Greenback, Sunbright, Harriman, Tellico Plains, etc are some of the examples.  Our town needs our school. This should at the very least be a city by city vote. 5 or 6 people on a school board shouldn't have the power to just up and tell us were combining your schools. That school would be over 1000 students. I'm not for that at all.

Take Blount Co. as a good example of small community decline, when they consolidated down to two HS. Everett, Townsend and Walland combined to form Heritage in 1977. Friendsville, Lanier, and Porter combined to form William Blount in 1979. Out of those communities Townsend and Walland but more so Townsend does ok, considering the location of the two being on the edge of the GSMNP...There's still elementary schools in four of those small communities tho. 

Edited by cherokean

They wanted a big school here too Bass but we beatem back with a stick!Took a lot of doin but we finally got our school and the consolidation didnt happen.Thank the Good Lord!

We don't need a new school in SP and I didn't know anyone was asking for one here. The only building in our county that is bad is Jasper Middle. Other than that, the other buildings are in good shape.