Ooltewah Basketball Season Canceled

Southtowner

Of all things,this is what you wonder about!I just hope and pray the young man can get past this.He is the only one I wonder about.This is a start anyway!

Hey I am in full agreement that this is a horrible situation & I truly feel sorry for all the individuals & families that were injured. The question that I have is how does not playing the remainder of the schedule erase the harm that has already taken place? What is everyone trying to accomplish by cancelling the remaining games?

I've always heard you win as a team and lose as a team. Goes to show you get your season cancelled for rape as a team.

None of those guys deserve to finish their season.

It was not rape "as a team". There were kids on that team that had nothing to do with this and didn't know it happened. Your comment was classless. This is why people can't have a thread to talk about this subject cause people keep making inappropriate comments like yours.

It was not rape "as a team". There were kids on that team that had nothing to do with this and didn't know it happened. Your comment was classless. This is why people can't have a thread to talk about this subject cause people keep making inappropriate comments like yours.

I agree.The news said they actually filmed this terrible incident also,what where these criminals thinking!!!Said three other kids were bullied also.The lawyer for the coach had some ridiculous comments about it not being about bullying or hazing,well I guess this blows that thought out of the water!Shows you he is thinking of himself and himself only.I'm still with maj---CLEAN HOUSE!

I agree.The news said they actually filmed this terrible incident also,what where these criminals thinking!!!Said three other kids were bullied also.The lawyer for the coach had some ridiculous comments about it not being about bullying or hazing,well I guess this blows that thought out of the water!Shows you he is thinking of himself and himself only.I'm still with maj---CLEAN HOUSE!

The housecleaning should have happened already. Sad and pathetic it hasn't . As the information dribbles out in this disgusting mess it just keeps getting worse. Systemic problems with the program and school, and I doubt it happened overnight . Coach , all assistants , AD need to be canned right now and I am thinking more should follow. I am shaking my head at those concerned with playing the rest of the season. Talk about your head in the sand. I am not sure basketball EVER needs to be brought back to this school but to even contemplate finishing this season is insane. I doubt this is a case of one bad apple spoiling the whole bunch, more like a couple might not be as rotten as the rest. Forget the emotion , as a practical matter there is no time for practice as there will be numerous depositions to sit for and  fill out, interviews with police and lawyers , maybe therapists to help additional victims, and try and figure out how the most guilty lost their humanity and turned into animals. To be worried about some other team's lost revenue is a real Mr Magoo response. I'd wager these other schools don't want this team anywhere near their buildings and they will be more than happy to schedule somebody else or have an open date.

Edited by maj

I am glad there is a thread where we can discuss this incident. I wish "moderators" would post why they close a thread.

There are several issues here. Teachers have a duty to report child abuse and child sexual abuse. Failure to report the first one can be a misdemeanor, failure to report the other is a felony. Hazing is, and has been, against the law for years in Tennessee (even though this went way beyond that). How will this case be fully investigated since the major incident took place in the Fourth District, but there might be a systemic pattern of abuse here that took place in the Eleventh District. Does the school system investigate themselves? Does the Hamilton County Sheriff's Office conduct a further investigation in the Chattanooga area (Eleventh District). Would the TBI be called in? They have to be requested by the District Attorney. Just some thoughts. 

Edited by Red Rebels

Let me reiterate my earlier statement that this was a terrible act and I truly feel sorry for those individuals and families that were injured.  With that being said the news media is claiming that three other team members were bullied.  Bullied along with diversification are the current catch phrases in education.  Most any student/family can claim that they were bullied and everyone falls apart.  What ever happened to the day's of kids going out behind the school and having a fist fight to solve their problems?  A good old fashioned fight will solve most issues and the participants are friends the next day.

Let me reiterate my earlier statement that this was a terrible act and I truly feel sorry for those individuals and families that were injured. With that being said the news media is claiming that three other team members were bullied. Bullied along with diversification are the current catch phrases in education. Most any student/family can claim that they were bullied and everyone falls apart. What ever happened to the day's of kids going out behind the school and having a fist fight to solve their problems? A good old fashioned fight will solve most issues and the participants are friends the next day.

Three against one and a pool cue,odds aren't very good!I agree with some of your thoughts but THIS DAY IS DIFFERENT FROM OUR DAY!