GCA 2016

Raven52

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's gonna be tough regardless!Webb will be back to full strength this year and beyond,the East is theirs until someone takes it.

It will be an adjustment period. Its really about their mission. They can be whatever they desire to be. I'll be glad to see them gone.

I don't know a thing about this year other than what I posted yesterday. I was surprised to see some of the changes though. Maybe the coach knows that he will have to build this team around it's strengths. I know the schedule will be a killer with Webb, Campbell County, Jefferson County,CAK and Austin East so I'm kind of expecting a 5-5 team for the season. I think last year's team had a lot of pressure on them having a large group of seniors but playing so many larger schools they shouldn't have been playing might have hurt them more than it helped. When you take the majority of those kids that were used to winning and all the sudden were fighting to end up with a 5-5 record took it's toll on those boy's.

I don't know a thing about this year other than what I posted yesterday. I was surprised to see some of the changes though. Maybe the coach knows that he will have to build this team around it's strengths. I know the schedule will be a killer with Webb, Campbell County, Jefferson County,CAK and Austin East so I'm kind of expecting a 5-5 team for the season. I think last year's team had a lot of pressure on them having a large group of seniors but playing so many larger schools they shouldn't have been playing might have hurt them more than it helped. When you take the majority of those kids that were used to winning and all the sudden were fighting to end up with a 5-5 record took it's toll on those boy's.

Grace will have their hands full,alot of those teams were fairly young. A tough schedule is not always the recipe for success.

That was a bad mistake playing 6A and 5A teams last year.

Problem for Grace is none of the smaller schools will play them unless they have to. They might get some of the powerhouses but it  wouldn't be any easier than the teams they actually got and it would be a lot more travel. They will be better off when they go d2 and all the schools can operate the same way. 

Problem for Grace is none of the smaller schools will play them unless they have to. They might get some of the powerhouses but it  wouldn't be any easier than the teams they actually got and it would be a lot more travel. They will be better off when they go d2 and all the schools can operate the same way. 

Not pointing fingers or making accusations, but the reality is that the perception of how some students end up at GCA has a lot to do with their difficulty in scheduling publics in their own classification and nearby 2A/3A/4A and even near by 5A schools.  

And it is the same for Knoxville Catholic and CAK.  

And again, not an accusation and I am all for parental choice in education for their children.  It's simply the perception that is out there, true or not.  

Not pointing fingers or making accusations, but the reality is that the perception of how some students end up at GCA has a lot to do with their difficulty in scheduling publics in their own classification and nearby 2A/3A/4A and even near by 5A schools.  

And it is the same for Knoxville Catholic and CAK.  

And again, not an accusation and I am all for parental choice in education for their children.  It's simply the perception that is out there, true or not.