Oak Ridge 2016

OR nole

I know. I liked it, too. Just didn't happen last year for whatever reason, but I doubt Gaddis is scared of scrimmaging another team. That's silly to imply. Why would you be? Not like it would put a loss on our record.

Sweet the only thing I'm implying is that you play like the competition you scrimmage against. Last year instead of playing Maryville OR Scrimmaged Heritage who went 3-8. You know what you get out of something like that. You end up starting the season against two teams that ended up 4-7 and you all won the first one by eleven and the second game by three. Then the third week lost to Farragut in an upset. All I'm trying to say is that you don't get tough by playing Mary Poppins and then head into the regular season with two kids that are on every major college watch list and just get by.I do know there were some kids hurt at the first of the season last year but Oak Ridge is deeper in talent than Clinton and Dobyns-Bennett was just terrible last year.

Sweet the only thing I'm implying is that you play like the competition you scrimmage against. Last year instead of playing Maryville OR Scrimmaged Heritage who went 3-8. You know what you get out of something like that. You end up starting the season against two teams that ended up 4-7 and you all won the first one by eleven and the second game by three. Then the third week lost to Farragut in an upset. All I'm trying to say is that you don't get tough by playing Mary Poppins and then head into the regular season with two kids that are on every major college watch list and just get by.I do know there were some kids hurt at the first of the season last year but Oak Ridge is deeper in talent than Clinton and Dobyns-Bennett was just terrible last year.

Y'all have scrimmaged Seymour before. What's the difference? I think people put too much emphasis on scrimmages. The starters play about 3 series. It isn't like our guys would've magically been better throughout the year if we had of scrimmaged y'all, while the starters got a whole 3 or 4 reps in. Scrimmages are overrated.

My source say's he won't play us period and has been ask by GQ. Just makes good sense to play the best around and you will get better from it. Going back to the Seymour scrimmage there are two beneficiaries. Seymour will get something out of it playing a much tougher opponent and Butch Jones will have someone he would like to have by having him in his house playing a scrimmage game.

Fear! OMG!

I sure don't remember scrimmaging Seymour and I go to most of them. Scrimmages really aren't about win or lose as much getting things correct before you head into the schedule. The scrimmage against Heritage last year OR started playing into their depth mid way through the third quarter and the JV's finished off most of the fourth quarter and ended out 38-35.mk95lg.jpg

Edited by BarneySox2007

We scrimmaged heritage. We also went to state

I sure don't remember scrimmaging Seymour and I go to most of them. Scrimmages really aren't about win or lose as much getting things correct before you head into the schedule. The scrimmage against Heritage last year OR started playing into their depth mid way through the third quarter and the JV's finished off most of the fourth quarter and ended out 38-35.mk95lg.jpg

I know that they did not scrimmage anyone in Nashville because I did not hear about them getting beat..

Back when I was in high school in the seventies Oak Ridge was the King of the Hill in AAA football and Maryville was in AA and we always scrimmaged them which helped make up better. Didn't matter who won or lost because it never went into the record books. Speed the clock up forty years and the shoe has reversed and I understand that Gaddis refuses to scrimmage Maryville. I have even heard there are no teams in East Tennessee that want to scrimmage Maryville this coming fall and they may have to go to middle Tennessee or even North Georgia just to get a scrimmage game. Oak Ridge is a pretty good football team and you would think the coach would get more out of a scrimmage with a team like Maryville then Seymour. Will somebody there tell me something I may not know or is Gaddis afraid of some competition that may help his team in the end like a Rhea County.

Well maybe that North GA scrimmage will get people off our backs about not traveling OOS.