Oak Ridge 2016

OR nole

I went to the sectional track meet in Johnson City yesterday and I have to tell you that you have something special in Graham. His 4x100 relay qualified for the state meet and he was good in that, but he was even better in the 200 meters, where he finished 5th. His time of 22.87 is unbelievable for a freshman and he was only .o5 from qualifying for the state individually. He looks faster to me now than he looked earlier in the season and much faster than last fall. OR really has something to look forward to in fall with him.

I was there too watching our HVA girls (very good team). Graham is very fast.  He stumbled  the last 20 meters or so in 200 and possibly could have finished 2nd and maybe even caught the leader. He was smoking inthe 4x100.  The stronger he gets and the more he grows could be a very good track guy.  Morristown West has a lot of speed.  The may win the the team title in boys and girls.

When Clemson takes a big fall backward this year from losing so many to the NFL they might not look as appealing as they did this year. They will go 9-4 , bank on it.

Wouldn't be surprised if they took a step back, but other than FSU, who's going to challenge them? Louisville and Auburn, but that's probably a stretch. Outside of those 3, they've got a pretty friendly schedule. A lot would have to go wrong for them to finish 9-4.

Wouldn't be surprised if they took a step back, but other than FSU, who's going to challenge them? Louisville and Auburn, but that's probably a stretch. Outside of those 3, they've got a pretty friendly schedule. A lot would have to go wrong for them to finish 9-4.

When I figure this I see a team that lost nine players in the NFL draft and anytime that happens to most teams there will be an effect the following season. 7 of those players were on defense, 3 DB's and 3 Linemen one LB. The defense will be weak for a while and I see most of their tougher games being who scores last. Right now it don't sound conceivable but that is what put teams like LSU, Auburn and Texas A&M in a major downswing by losing just to many players to the draft. To go through the combines and be one of the 253 players that were chosen you have to be an exceptional player. Those type players are very hard for someone to step in and take over and not see the difference. I am just guessing and I could be wrong but I have watched this pattern for the last couple of years and never pay attention to any of these magazines on the shelf. There all full of BS like a Christmas Turkey and mislead everyone that puts stock in it.

When I figure this I see a team that lost nine players in the NFL draft and anytime that happens to most teams there will be an effect the following season. 7 of those players were on defense, 3 DB's and 3 Linemen one LB. The defense will be weak for a while and I see most of their tougher games being who scores last. Right now it don't sound conceivable but that is what put teams like LSU, Auburn and Texas A&M in a major downswing by losing just to many players to the draft. To go through the combines and be one of the 253 players that were chosen you have to be an exceptional player. Those type players are very hard for someone to step in and take over and not see the difference. I am just guessing and I could be wrong but I have watched this pattern for the last couple of years and never pay attention to any of these magazines on the shelf. There all full of BS like a Christmas Turkey and mislead everyone that puts stock in it.

I definitely don't disagree, they lost a lot of talent. That said, it certainly helps that they play in the ACC. It's a lot easier to reload when conference depth is non-existent. I should know as an Ohio State fan/alum.

I was there too watching our HVA girls (very good team). Graham is very fast.  He stumbled  the last 20 meters or so in 200 and possibly could have finished 2nd and maybe even caught the leader. He was smoking inthe 4x100.  The stronger he gets and the more he grows could be a very good track guy.  Morristown West has a lot of speed.  The may win the the team title in boys and girls.

Or, he could be a very good track/football guy. Track is going to help his football game. He's not just faster than Moore and Short were at that age, he can also play football well.

I definitely don't disagree, they lost a lot of talent. That said, it certainly helps that they play in the ACC. It's a lot easier to reload when conference depth is non-existent. I should know as an Ohio State fan/alum.

Being an Oho State fan you have to remember last season that they were pre season ranked number one in most polls in the magazines but things just happen for some reason. I look for Auburn to be a lot better, Louisville has a good coach and it was a good game between them last year, FSU will be back and there is always some team comes out of no where. Of course I would also be honest and hope Tee goes to UT but whoever he chooses I'll be pulling for him.

just curious, how did the girls and Boys finish in the meet?

Hello Runswithknife,

Eleven OR athletes will advance to State.

For the girls are -

freshman Kate Haustaden in 100 meter hurdles and 300 meter hurdles.

For the boys are-

sophomore Tyler Bourlier in 800 meter run

Tyler Bourlier, Jose Villegas, Thomas Coldurn, Jacob Etheriidge, ( alternet Reid Dukes) in 4x 800 meter relay.

Jose Villegas in 3200 meter run

Jordan Hardy in high jump.

Caleb Downard, Jaeshawn Maddox and Tony Miller 4x 100 meter run

Jordan Graham in 4 x 100 meter run.5