Hampton at Cloudland

uknoit2

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I see big potential but it will take some work, hitting a good pitcher isn't as easy as it looks. Finding the best position for everyone is a job in itself.I've give it a lot of thought but I could see a deadly bunch all the way through the lineup. Should have power and speed.

Agree on all points. Looks like there will be competition for spots in the lineup (which is a good thing). First time that I can remember that we potentially will have more than 9 that know how to play.

Also, I know there are some posters that give Coach Hardin a tough time but he has brought the program up to a competitive level. I checked and last year the team won 19 games and beat everyone in the conference at least once during the season (actually finished 2nd in the conference) 

The team was within 2 runs of making the regional tournament for the first time since the mid 90's. Coach Hardin has also done wonders with the field. When he took over, the center field fence for example had tons of honeysuckle growing in it and the 3rd base area had about a one foot drop to it. He has repaired all that and he also had a batting area/pitching area installed. He was worked his hind end on that field. 

The players all respect him which means a lot too. Alright, I have typed more tonight then I have in a year. LOL. Looking forward to the season too.

Also, I know there are some posters that give Coach Hardin a tough time but he has brought the program up to a competitive level.

The team was within 2 runs of making the regional tournament for the first time since the mid 90's.

I say the improvement to the HS team is because of the work and effort put in to the middle school program.

Coach Hardin is a nice enough man, and he certainly had done a ton of work the that field. But the fact of the matter is that If you had someone such as Coach V or Jeff Peters at the helm of the High School team, they would have a legit chance at a Region Championship and a home Sub-state, this year at least. You think I am kidding, but I'm not.

You guys are right. No skill needed at all in baseball other than hitting and pitching. No need in being able to catch, run, throw, jump, and of course think ( for example knowing what to do with the ball when you catch it, observing signs and executing whether it be when hitting or on base, or trying to predict what the pitcher will throw or vice versa knowing what would be the best pitch to throw in certain situations).

No need in knowing how to get a lead or reading a pitcher's move. No need in developing speed in order to be able to steal bases.

No need in observing past patterns of hitters and being able to predict what pitches they prefer or where they typically hit the ball in order to give your defense the best chance of making an out.

No need in observing past patterns of pitchers either. Knowing what they prefer to pitch in certain pitch counts is useless.

No need in being able to bunt when needed in order to advance a runner. No need in learning the strike zone in order to cut down on swinging at bad pitches.

No need in having a catcher who can block the baseball and most importantly keep runners from stealing at will. No need in having a pitcher who can keep runners close to the base so the catcher will have the best shot in throwing out a runner.

Ok, I have been sarcastic enough.. To be able to play baseball at a high level, you need more skills than I can type on this website. What I have typed above truly just hits the tip of the iceberg of what skills are needed to play baseball. You need your best athletes on the field in order to be successful.

Pujo, you can chime in more if you want. I wish others could see what you and I see in baseball.

By the way Uknoit and King.... I still like you guys.... just stating an opinion.

There is a baseball forum.😆

Agree on all points. Looks like there will be competition for spots in the lineup (which is a good thing). First time that I can remember that we potentially will have more than 9 that know how to play.

Also, I know there are some posters that give Coach Hardin a tough time but he has brought the program up to a competitive level. I checked and last year the team won 19 games and beat everyone in the conference at least once during the season (actually finished 2nd in the conference) 

The team was within 2 runs of making the regional tournament for the first time since the mid 90's. Coach Hardin has also done wonders with the field. When he took over, the center field fence for example had tons of honeysuckle growing in it and the 3rd base area had about a one foot drop to it. He has repaired all that and he also had a batting area/pitching area installed. He was worked his hind end on that field. 

The players all respect him which means a lot too. Alright, I have typed more tonight then I have in a year. LOL. Looking forward to the season too.

I'm with you.

Gotta love ole CTeam...Not heard from him in some time...Used to text often, guess he's got a lot on him

I'm still around and lurking. New farm and cows over this way had be busy all fall but I got her in good shape now so I should be able to make some large-round ball games. Ain't nothing better than the smell of leather in the spring and the "pop" of a baseball. Man....y'all got me all excited talking baseball!!!

But no one looks at it in this area.Baseball, hotdogs ,apple pie and Chevrolet

HaHa!Just trying get someone rattled,it don't work with you fellers!I liked that sport when my kids were little even coached the Middle school one year and we lost in the Championship game,best team we had had for a long time.High school and beyond I just don't care much for it,gets a little boring.I love to watch college softball tho,that and the little league world series are two of my favs other than the pigskin!!

I'm still around and lurking. New farm and cows over this way had be busy all fall but I got her in good shape now so I should be able to make some large-round ball games. Ain't nothing better than the smell of leather in the spring and the "pop" of a baseball. Man....y'all got me all excited talking baseball!!!

Get to a game....We need to "talk"