Hampton at Cloudland

uknoit2

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You guys are right. No skill needed at all in baseball other than hitting and pitching. No need in being able to catch, run, throw, jump, and of course think ( for example knowing what to do with the ball when you catch it, observing signs and executing whether it be when hitting or on base, or trying to predict what the pitcher will throw or vice versa knowing what would be the best pitch to throw in certain situations).

No need in knowing how to get a lead or reading a pitcher's move. No need in developing speed in order to be able to steal bases.

No need in observing past patterns of hitters and being able to predict what pitches they prefer or where they typically hit the ball in order to give your defense the best chance of making an out.

No need in observing past patterns of pitchers either. Knowing what they prefer to pitch in certain pitch counts is useless.

No need in being able to bunt when needed in order to advance a runner. No need in learning the strike zone in order to cut down on swinging at bad pitches.

No need in having a catcher who can block the baseball and most importantly keep runners from stealing at will. No need in having a pitcher who can keep runners close to the base so the catcher will have the best shot in throwing out a runner.

Ok, I have been sarcastic enough.. To be able to play baseball at a high level, you need more skills than I can type on this website. What I have typed above truly just hits the tip of the iceberg of what skills are needed to play baseball. You need your best athletes on the field in order to be successful. 

Pujo, you can chime in more if you want. I wish others could see what you and I see in baseball.

By the way Uknoit and King.... I still like you guys.... just stating an opinion.

District 1 teams are Hampton, Cloudland, Unaka, University High, North Greene and South Greene.   

District 2 teams are Cosby, Northview Academy, Berean Christian, Hancock County, Washburn, Clinch and Tennessee School for the Deaf.

District 3 teams are Harriman, Meigs County, Grace Christian Academy, Tellico Plains, Rockwood, Greenback, Midway and Concord Christian.

District 4 teams are Oakdale, Coalfield, Oliver Springs, Wartburg, Sunbright, Jellico and Oneida

Districts 1 & 2 make up Region 1 and Districts 3 &4 make up Region 2.  The top two teams in each region will eventually meet up in sub-state play and the two winners will earn the right for a trip to Murfreesboro. 

District 1 has been highly competitive so far this season with Hampton currently leading the conference with a 4-1 record, Cloudland is 3-2, South Greene is 4-2, North Greene is 3-3 and Unaka and University High are 1-4 in conference play. 

District 2 has Northview Academy, Cosby, and Berean Christian are at the top of that conference.

District 3 has Meigs Co, Grace Christian Academy and Harriman are at the top of that conference

District 4 has Oakdale leading that conference.

Thanks for asking about East Tennessee Basketball. IMO, I think either Meigs Co, Grace or Harriman will be the two teams from Region 2 who will be in sub-state play.  IF Hampton is fortunate to make it to sub-state, winning the Regional Tournament will be imperative for their best shot to make it back to Murfreesboro. ( You don't want to have to go on the road to either Meigs or Grace for example. Tough to win a substate game on the road) 

District 1 and 2 seems to be highly competitive this year so whomever the two teams are that make it to sub-state play will be battle tested. 

Hope this helps some.. What team do you pull for CASC95?

I've seen a decent chunk of those teams. Based on that, plus looking at scores (dangerous at times) district 2 is the weakest of the four... By quite a bit. Wartburg (likely 3rd or 4th in 4a) beat NView and Unaka(d1) soundly. CF played lousy and still beat berean by about 20 and also beat Harriman from d3 (at Harriman)as examples from D4 (sometimes the weakest). Hampton beat CF. D3 appears to have the best team in Meigs. GCA is not as good, to this point, as usual it appears. Hampton looked quite solid and I think they were down a starter then as well.

Edited by CAH09

You guys are right. No skill needed at all in baseball other than hitting and pitching. No need in being able to catch, run, throw, jump, and of course think ( for example knowing what to do with the ball when you catch it, observing signs and executing whether it be when hitting or on base, or trying to predict what the pitcher will throw or vice versa knowing what would be the best pitch to throw in certain situations).

No need in knowing how to get a lead or reading a pitcher's move. No need in developing speed in order to be able to steal bases.

No need in observing past patterns of hitters and being able to predict what pitches they prefer or where they typically hit the ball in order to give your defense the best chance of making an out.

No need in observing past patterns of pitchers either. Knowing what they prefer to pitch in certain pitch counts is useless.

No need in being able to bunt when needed in order to advance a runner. No need in learning the strike zone in order to cut down on swinging at bad pitches.

No need in having a catcher who can block the baseball and most importantly keep runners from stealing at will. No need in having a pitcher who can keep runners close to the base so the catcher will have the best shot in throwing out a runner.

Ok, I have been sarcastic enough.. To be able to play baseball at a high level, you need more skills than I can type on this website. What I have typed above truly just hits the tip of the iceberg of what skills are needed to play baseball. You need your best athletes on the field in order to be successful. 

Pujo, you can chime in more if you want. I wish others could see what you and I see in baseball.

By the way Uknoit and King.... I still like you guys.... just stating an opinion.

I knew that'd bring a 'truth reply...although I figured Pujo would beat you to it!

I will next make a comment about track to get another reply from you and one from our speed coach :D :D