Alcoa 2016

AlcoaBasketball

How did this one turn out?? I guess I should say, how did both teams look?

Ones: even at 1 to 1. Twos: even at 1 to 1. Threes: West 1 to 0. Scrimmage called at that point due to storms. Ones only had two series each. West looked good with lots of speed. Alcoa ones were slow starting as usual but began moving the ball well on the ground on their TD drive.

Ones: even at 1 to 1. Twos: even at 1 to 1. Threes: West 1 to 0. Scrimmage called at that point due to storms. Ones only had two series each. West looked good with lots of speed. Alcoa ones were slow starting as usual but began moving the ball well on the ground on their TD drive.

Yep both teams looked pretty good for a first scrimmage. Lots of speed on the field for both teams.

I thought the Alcoa defense played real good for as many players they lost from last season. The offense looked a little out of sink at first. Plus, the starting QB Myers got hurt playing defense and never threw the ball well. QB Russell took over for the first team. Kind of silly to put a senior QB on 1st team kick off AND start in the 1st team defensive secondary. Alcoa's freshman was moving the ball well at the end as the scrimmage was called for lighting. Had they got their full offensive series like West, IMO, they would has scored in a few more plays to the even the freshman team scores at 1 each.

Special teams...especially the kicking and field goal units looks the best I have ever seen at Alcoa. 40 yards and in Money!! Kick offs.....through the back of the end zone. Punts brought rain.

I was also somewhat confused to see some Maryville players at the Alcoa scrimmage in street clothes ?? Somethings up!?