Alcoa 2016

AlcoaBasketball

Not cool...............

• Members
  • 2,974 posts

Posted 4 days ago

Rumblings coming from the city of North Maryville. Whispers of a Coup are prevalent. If factual there will be some unhappy F5s.

Not cool but your post 591# on the Maryville Thread is? Oh yours was the politically correct version or maybe it's simply the pot calling the kettle black.

Edited by BarneySox2007

<p>

• Members
  • 2,974 posts

Posted 4 days ago

Rumblings coming from the city of North Maryville. Whispers of a Coup are prevalent. If factual there will be some unhappy F5s.

Not cool but your post 591# on the Maryville Thread is? Oh yours was the politically correct version or maybe it's simply the pot calling the kettle black.

I agree with MLR, not cool at all. Huge difference in your and his posts.

I agree with MLR, not cool at all. Huge difference in your and his posts.

The difference between you and me are that I use one profile on here and you use multiply profiles to fit your personality that day. If I offend you I suggest you grow a pair. I fight with some of these guys on here like cats and dogs but we all set and laugh about it at the end of the day. You think I let Throwdeslant bother me and cry about anything he throws back at me. Of course not, I get a big laugh out of it and go on.

Kids should go where they feel is the best fit for them. Blount County football is the best of the best in the state for a reason. Competition makes everyone better. 

maybe kids going to the school that's the best fit for them helps make other teams better. If your coach, your school or your program just coasts through without doing what it takes to be elite because they are always going to get the kids that are from their middle school feeders, most of them will never step up.

One local school has wasted talented player after talented player because the coaching was subpar and at times apathetic,  the integrity of the program was almost nonexistent, and the school encouraged mediocrity. 

Once parent's starting sending their upper level athletic and academically talented kids to other schools, this school realized they had to step up or be completely lost in the dust. They have made great strides in hiring better coaches, encouraging excellence and with discipline ( still have a ways to go).

When parents of talented kids have a choice on where to send their kids, all the schools have to raise the bar. Its a basic law of competition. Its America at its core, freedom of choice and competition bring out the best in all.

Kids should go where they feel is the best fit for them. Blount County football is the best of the best in the state for a reason. Competition makes everyone better. 

maybe kids going to the school that's the best fit for them helps make other teams better. If your coach, your school or your program just coasts through without doing what it takes to be elite because they are always going to get the kids that are from their middle school feeders, most of them will never step up.

One local school has wasted talented player after talented player because the coaching was subpar and at times apathetic,  the integrity of the program was almost nonexistent, and the school encouraged mediocrity. 

Once parent's starting sending their upper level athletic and academically talented kids to other schools, this school realized they had to step up or be completely lost in the dust. They have made great strides in hiring better coaches, encouraging excellence and with discipline ( still have a ways to go).

When parents of talented kids have a choice on where to send their kids, all the schools have to raise the bar. Its a basic law of competition. Its America at its core, freedom of choice and competition bring out the best in all.

Hammer your totally 100% right. You have a choice. I would bet there have been dozens of players go back and forth between Maryville and Alcoa and for good reasons. i love to aggravate people some over it but I do pull for all four of our schools in this county. The bar keeps getting raised higher and higher and when the day comes that quits happening will be the day we no longer will both dominate. If one fails both will.

Hammer your totally 100% right. You have a choice. I would bet there have been dozens of players go back and forth between Maryville and Alcoa and for good reasons. i love to aggravate people some over it but I do pull for all four of our schools in this county. The bar keeps getting raised higher and higher and when the day comes that quits happening will be the day we no longer will both dominate. If one fails both will.

Great post. I would like to see all four schools deep in the playoffs every year.

I would really like to see WB broken up into two school a  2A and a 4A school.  WB could be 4A and "Carpenters/Lanier" the 2A school. We could even do the same thing with Heritage and have Heritage 4A and "Walland" as a 1A school.

If would be good for everyone and then BC could have possible have 6 teams in Cookeville some years.

It is great that Maryville got those 3 kids. Of course Maryville lost a kid to Alcoa last year. The honest truth is Alcoa will not be hurt at all losing those kids. Shoot they don't even miss Jaylen Sykes. Sykes has a UT offer so you know he can play. Alcoa is so loaded it won't matter. No one in 3A will beat them.

It is great that Maryville got those 3 kids. Of course Maryville lost a kid to Alcoa last year. The honest truth is Alcoa will not be hurt at all losing those kids. Shoot they don't even miss Jaylen Sykes. Sykes has a UT offer so you know he can play. Alcoa is so loaded it won't matter. No one in 3A will beat them.

Recruiting season isn't until the first week in February

Agree! Agree! Agree! Agree! Agree! Agree! And Agree! ðŸ‘ðŸ¼