Alcoa 2016

AlcoaBasketball

I agree. LC, Heritage,  should be wins. Jeff co. HVA , Bearden are leaning towards probable.

Going to be tough but I do see a bright future around the corner at W.B. long as the middle school has a turn out like I saw this spring the next few years. If they do win five games I would consider that a very good year. My thoughts are three wins. Heritage may be a little better than I thought originally even though they lost a good player to Alcoa. The Tornadoes are going to miss those guys on the defensive front line but they just make it up somewhere else which will be on the offense this year. look for them to put some points on the board and take 3A with little or no problems. 

How's Colton Wright fitting in at Alcoa this preseason? The young man rushed for close to 1,700 yards and 27TDs and was the Region Offensive Player of the Year last fall at Heritage. I'm sure all of the Alcoa fans are having Chris Shiverdecker flashbacks when thinking of how Wright fits into their plans this year.

Hmmmmm Alcoa gets yet another "transfer" shocking. Still can't beat the gold standard in East Tn though.

MARYVILLE REBELS

Edited by UCSportsFan

Hmmmmm Alcoa gets yet another "transfer" shocking. Still can't beat the gold standard in East Tn though.

MARYVILLE REBELS

From what I hear and we all know Hambone will not put up with the interference of a parent and neither will Rankin. Back to the original comment , yes they did get a great transfer. Should be very helpful in setting records for the most mercy rule games in a season. Those games go very very fast and allows you to get home in time to see a few TV shows before the news comes on.

From what I hear and we all know Hambone will not put up with the interference of a parent and neither will Rankin. Back to the original comment , yes they did get a great transfer. Should be very helpful in setting records for the most mercy rule games in a season. Those games go very very fast and allows you to get home in time to see a few TV shows before the news comes on.

Which games on Alcoa's schedule do you think  will not go in Mercy rule mode? Maryville, WB, Heritage, etc? Do you think the losses on defense, especially on the D line puts Alcoa in danger of a couple of unexpected close games to the bigger schools they play?

Which games on Alcoa's schedule do you think  will not go in Mercy rule mode? Maryville, WB, Heritage, etc? Do you think the losses on defense, especially on the D line puts Alcoa in danger of a couple of unexpected close games to the bigger schools they play?

I look for all the games that are not county opponents to go mercy rule going into the second half and at some point either one of the Heritage or W.B. game to slip into mercy during the second half at some point. Look for one of those two to play a decent game but will fall apart at some point. I see the Maryville game to be a very good game. Remember Alcoa and Maryville do a good job feeding off of each other which makes them both better for it. When both of those schools have raised the bar to the level they have and the rest of the teams they play haven't we have what we see right now since the year 2000. This isn't an accident that both of these teams are this good but the competition between the two have made them this good. They have both raised the bar so high no other teams can compete with them.

Last year, the WB/Alcoa game was 21-7 going into halftime. The final score was 35-7. WB's offense will be a lot better this year and Alcoa's defense probably wont be as dominant as it was last year, so I think WB could give Alcoa a game this year.

Whut abowt Alcoee's offence and Will-Yum Blunt's deefence...???

joe-seattlefan.gif