Changes at South Doyle?

LHSMom

I do agree to an extent. Did these players play in varsity competition last year? Were they granted a transfer by Knox County? Are they freshman?

One of them did, and he started school at SD as a freshman.  

Not sure about the other one.   

Is it Coach Duncan's contention that he did not know the two players who had joined the program were living with one of his assistant coaches?

In the words of the immortal Sgt. Schlutz.....I know nothing!

Almost Like Jimmy Haslam didn't know what was going on at Pilot. The head man always knows what's going on. I've ran a big company and no matter how small or stupid the issue was it always came down to me. The issue now is in the hands of Mr. Cuckoo who will set on his A## and draw a check for doing nothing and pass it on to the new man coming aboard. This will now be like who shot J.R. and we'll have to wait for the new episodes later on. I'm sure soon as Buzz Thomas takes control he already knows where the fires are burning and being one of the greatest football players in Maryville's history and a walk on at UT when he was there that he won't turn a blind eye to this and he'll make decisions fast on this issue.

Almost Like Jimmy Haslam didn't know what was going on at Pilot. The head man always knows what's going on. I've ran a big company and no matter how small or stupid the issue was it always came down to me. The issue now is in the hands of Mr. Cuckoo who will set on his A## and draw a check for doing nothing and pass it on to the new man coming aboard. This will now be like who shot J.R. and we'll have to wait for the new episodes later on. I'm sure soon as Buzz Thomas takes control he already knows where the fires are burning and being one of the greatest football players in Maryville's history and a walk on at UT when he was there that he won't turn a blind eye to this and he'll make decisions fast on this issue.

You know what they say about what happens when you assume something, Barney?  

I know Clark very well.  He doesn't cut corners.  

You know what they say about what happens when you assume something, Barney?  

I know Clark very well.  He doesn't cut corners.  

There is no doubt in my mind that your right but to someone that is hearing the story that don't know him would think the opposite by human nature. Believe me I want to see him back as the head coach much as you. Captain Smith wasn't the one that drove the Titanic into an iceberg but he was the man in charge, so was Haslam and Clark Duncan was the head football coach when two kids were living with an assistant football coach. I believe if a decision is made by Mr. Cuckoo that he will be assigned to go to another school but if it falls in the hands of the new director his chances of staying where he is at are a heck of a lot better.

When Coach Duncan was at Powell, didn't he have players from another zone going there.  Seems to me a rb from the Carter area played at Powell.

During most of the time Coach Duncan was at Powell the transfer rules in Knox County were pretty lax.  Just about every school in Knox County had transfers in and out.  Powell had a few out of zone kids who come to mind.  Central was infamous about out of zone transfers.  One season in particular that I remember there were guys starting for Central in football at 7 positions who lived in the Powell zone.  I know that Halls has had a number of students transfer out to other schools over the years.  

In this day and time of closes zones in Knox County (and 2 of those are Halls and Powell) it's not so easy to get a transfer unless one meets certain criteria.  

Different day, different rules.  

So for all of you pointing fingers, here is the real story.  

Both kids are sophomores.  Both were granted open enrollment transfers coming out of South Doyle Middle to South Doyle High School, so there is no TSSAA issue with them.  They are also brothers, by the way.  Being open enrollment transfers where they slept doesn't make any difference to the TSSAA as far as eligibility goes.  Not an issue there.  

Both are now enrolled at Fulton.  They live in the West zone.  Not implying an issue there.  Only stating fact.    

As for the legal part of it, yep, it is a nasty situation, and one that the courts and law enforcement are dealing with, as they should be.

That said, the Knox County DA, who has the final say on who is charged or not charged in this county, was quoted as saying that they looked at all of the evidence and didn't find grounds to charge either the principal or assistant principal/AD/football coach, so those two are not a risk.  

Hopefully James McIntyre will do the right thing and reinstate both of them before he leaves the superintendent's office and not leave it for the interim superintendent to deal with.  But the fact is that neither of them are going to be charged certainly does bode well for their return.  

Edited by HTV

I had heard that the assistant coach was initially going to pick them up every morning and bringing them to school and then home after practice. Evidentially that got old and they decided it would just be easier for them to stay with him.

I know you're very sold on Coach Duncan not taking shortcuts and such HTV but if this were actually going on as was relayed to me when this first broke....I have a hard time believing he was totally in the dark.