Moving to Division II

boxer822

I've looked through several discussion threads so forgive me if I have overlooked this question somewhere.  Since the TSSAA ruling at the start of the 2015-2016 school year, are there any private schools that currently compete in Division I that are officially planning to move into Division II by the 2017-2018 school year?  I've heard rumors of Chattanooga Christian and Notre Dame.  Can anyone confirm any specific schools or perhaps even some rumors?  I know they still have plenty of time but I'm just curious.  

• 1 month later...

I've looked through several discussion threads so forgive me if I have overlooked this question somewhere.  Since the TSSAA ruling at the start of the 2015-2016 school year, are there any private schools that currently compete in Division I that are officially planning to move into Division II by the 2017-2018 school year?  I've heard rumors of Chattanooga Christian and Notre Dame.  Can anyone confirm any specific schools or perhaps even some rumors?  I know they still have plenty of time but I'm just curious.  

In Knoxville CAK, Catholic, Grace Christian, Berean Christian and Concord Christian

I think the question was who was officially planning to move, not who is eligible.... Have all, or any, of these teams declared their intent to move?

From what I've been told (and things may change down the line) all those schools listed got together in a series of meetings, and they are all planning to transition to DII after the 2016-17 season.

• 3 months later...

From what I've been told (and things may change down the line) all those schools listed got together in a series of meetings, and they are all planning to transition to DII after the 2016-17 season.

I've heard some rumblings that Knox Catholic wants to stay Division 1 .. they not real excited about possibly hitting with the big boys in Division 2 ..

I've heard some rumblings that Knox Catholic wants to stay Division 1 .. they not real excited about possibly hitting with the big boys in Division 2 ..

Having an actual connection to the school, I'm pretty sure it has everything to do with only 7 teams being in D2 AAA. As it stands now playing 5 district games and trying to schedule non district games is hard enough. Besides over the years they've played teams like Fulton, Maryville, Alcoa, West, Belfry, CPA and scrimmaged McCallie for the last 3 years. It doesn't get much bigger then that. Edited by QSouth89

Having an actual connection to the school, I'm pretty sure it has everything to do with only 7 teams being in D2 AAA. As it stands now playing 5 district games and trying to schedule non district games is hard enough. Besides over the years they've played teams like Fulton, Maryville, Alcoa, West, Belfry, CPA and scrimmaged McCallie for the last 3 years. It doesn't get much bigger then that.

All privates face that same issue .. and sorry there is a big difference in the teams you mentioned and the big privates.. the big privates are better teams for sure aside from Maryville maybe and all go by same rules .. but looks like Catholic doesn't want to test the waters .. even though they are one the bigger privates ..

All privates face that same issue .. and sorry there is a big difference in the teams you mentioned and the big privates.. the big privates are better teams for sure aside from Maryville maybe and all go by same rules .. but looks like Catholic doesn't want to test the waters .. even though they are one the bigger privates ..

If you say so, it's funny how people with no connection to the school knows so much about what's going on there. I guess we will find out in October. Edited by QSouth89