Moving to Division II

boxer822

That's a good question.

I wish it were as easy as the honor code. Most schools indicate up front if there is a tuition discount for multiple students.  From what I understand this is the area that will force most schools to go to DII.  Therefore, there should be a reporting mechanism in place for private schools. If they are doing things on the up and up, they should have no problems reporting to the TSSAA.

However, If there is any suspicion, TSSAA should request all financial records of school supporting that all students paid the same tuition. (Ex: Student A, Paid 10K, Student A's little brother paid10K, etc.).

If a school is found to have cheated the system the TSSAA should bring the hammer down on the first offense. (Death Penalty type action if this were the NCAA.)

I would HOPE and I reiterate HOPE that private schools tied to any church would not skirt the rules. Kind of defeats the mission of the school and makes me question their existence entirely. 

I wish it were as easy as the honor code. Most schools indicate up front if there is a tuition discount for multiple students.  From what I understand this is the area that will force most schools to go to DII.  Therefore, there should be a reporting mechanism in place for private schools. If they are doing things on the up and up, they should have no problems reporting to the TSSAA.

However, If there is any suspicion, TSSAA should request all financial records of school supporting that all students paid the same tuition. (Ex: Student A, Paid 10K, Student A's little brother paid10K, etc.).

If a school is found to have cheated the system the TSSAA should bring the hammer down on the first offense. (Death Penalty type action if this were the NCAA.)

I would HOPE and I reiterate HOPE that private schools tied to any church would not skirt the rules. Kind of defeats the mission of the school and makes me question their existence entirely. 

You can only hope ..TSSAA doesnt have the money to pay independant auditors to go over books etc ..... it would easily be made to think that all students pay same tuition as their siblings or that the student wasnt receiving aid from anonymous source .. so if the school wanted to make it look like they were in compliance it would be easy. Dishonest but easy ... they would just have to go to confessional .... 

You can only hope ..TSSAA doesnt have the money to pay independant auditors to go over books etc ..... it would easily be made to think that all students pay same tuition as their siblings or that the student wasnt receiving aid from anonymous source .. so if the school wanted to make it look like they were in compliance it would be easy. Dishonest but easy ... they would just have to go to confessional .... 

Per the TSSAA, it's been done already...and through the church affiliated with the school. I won't name names because the punishment has been served and is over. Moving forward...EVERY possibility should be addressed and accounted for in the rules, if not it will happen eventually.

Per the TSSAA, it's been done already...and through the church affiliated with the school. I won't name names because the punishment has been served and is over. Moving forward...EVERY possibility should be addressed and accounted for in the rules, if not it will happen eventually.

Hey Trader. Left a comment for you a few days ago on another DII thread. I read an article about your Lions that really impressed me.

Punishment  .... what was punishment and to what school ???? I wont name names either but there is a family that I am familiar with that have kids that go to KC and they pay samr tuition for all but none play sports ... the father did however say they had a kid he knows was told could not afford to go there that played football and that some other source had to be paying his way either thur church or other source ..  

Punishment  .... what was punishment and to what school ???? I wont name names either but there is a family that I am familiar with that have kids that go to KC and they pay samr tuition for all but none play sports ... the father did however say they had a kid he knows was told could not afford to go there that played football and that some other source had to be paying his way either thur church or other source ..  

Sorry, but no names. Church affiliated with the school paid the tuition for a student athlete. Seems as if there may have been some misinformation about an address involved too, but can't remember. The school involved received probation and post season banishment.

Not sure the T$$AA has the "power" to look into the books at KC.

Don't kid yourself, most years Maryville does not have enough talent and depth to play the Super 7 private schools during the regular season and then try to win a state championship.  The top private school division is like playing small college football every week.

LOL , You have such an inferiority complex it's pitiful ! I think you need to be the Commissioner of the IFL ( Imaginary Football League) this year ... good luck playing all those College teams this year ! LOL  :mrgreen:

Don't kid yourself, most years Maryville does not have enough talent and depth to play the Super 7 private schools during the regular season and then try to win a state championship.  The top private school division is like playing small college football every week.

This guy.... Ask Ensworth how good Maryville is.

Maryville's (and for that matter Alcoa's) utility of open zone recruitment in their respective districts has aided their previous successful ventures. That said the present and future power of 6A football no longer rests in the palms of the public/private entities that have benefited from this gimmick; however it resides in middle tn in Rutherford and Williamson counties. Metaphorically the top D2 AA programs are comparable to NASA while Marysville is on the level of North Korea; just saying they aren't even the best in 6A anymore