Moving to Division II

boxer822

I'm sure Booger can feel my pain on this but it's expensive having a kid play at Catholic, they have athletic fee that athletes pay, (or its added on to the tuition), you have to pay for books, on the football team each player is responsible for raising so much money (or its added on to the tuition), this year we have to get our kids laptops (they are not provided for) and this $7 lunches per day...ouch (my kids will be taking lunches). Tuition and fees pay for salaries, and the everyday running of the school like utilities and water etc. The arch diocese does not provide as much funding as you think. I doubt seriously if the bishop would funnel money to stock pile a football team at Catholic and Notre Dame. Catholic does a great job of fundraising money for the school and the athletic teams all do there own. I teach at a public school in Knoxville and parents ask all the time about their kid going to Catholic and then give me a death stare when I tell them there are no scholarships you have to pay your own way.

I work with a guy .. his brother had some kids go there and the dad was in a furniture restoration business ... he musta made some good money cause they had trainers coming to the home to work out his kids ... I said wow .. there is some cash there .... when u can afford to have trainers come to you !!!!

I work with a guy .. his brother had some kids go there and the dad was in a furniture restoration business ... he musta made some good money cause they had trainers coming to the home to work out his kids ... I said wow .. there is some cash there .... when u can afford to have trainers come to you !!!!

He must have had a great hook up, because no trainer has ever come to my house and my daughter was a 4 year varsity starter she broke her foot twice and suffered two torn ACL, my son has started in hoops and football since his freshman year and he's had concussions, severe sprains and back injuries and we made the trek to KOC. Your friend must have paid the trainer or he's blowing smoke up your --- just kidding. If he was able to get attention like that more power to him.

you called it Q; but Booger takin one thang outta that.......theres only one Catholic HS in Chattanooga......how many Diocese in TN and where r they?......where is the nearest one to ND......yall will be down in a few weeks; compare our facilities to yours.......and we r still makin the annual Pilgrams trip to Fox Lonas Road in Knoxville every other year to play yall for a reason.....

you guys r big and good enuff to not dodge this new class yall have been in.....it would not even be a consideration for the Knox Catholic round table if yall were at the top of DII AA

B

Booger just sayin :thumb:

Booger I was under the impression that Chattanooga and Knoxville are in the same diocese. There's only one Catholic high school in Knoxville too. Last year we beat you guys by what...3? None of the games have been blowouts. Always competitive. Edited by QSouth89

You said you have a friend that coaches at Catholic he should be able to tell you.

Never said I had a friend that coached there .. said I knew a coach there .. I just moved here from Nashville with my job and he is neighbor .. we discussed cutting grass more than anything .. lol .. but just a little football .. so I'm not real familiar with privates on this end of state .. if you don't care to answer my previous questions then don't.. sounds like u trying to skirt issue .. but next time I run into neighbor I will see what he says .. take care

Never said I had a friend that coached there .. said I knew a coach there .. I just moved here from Nashville with my job and he is neighbor .. we discussed cutting grass more than anything .. lol .. but just a little football .. so I'm not real familiar with privates on this end of state .. if you don't care to answer my previous questions then don't.. sounds like u trying to skirt issue .. but next time I run into neighbor I will see what he says .. take care

Thats on me then, I misread your post. Webb (our rival) and the other is CAK. In fact we don't play Webb in anything anymore after they chose to discontinue the series and we still play CAK in everything but football (we are in the same district in all sports but football) both schools are less then 5 miles from KCHS. Webb is D2 and their AD said in the paper that rivalry was too intense and needed a "break" (that coming after the Irish ended a 4 year losing streak to them) and to be honest just not a lot of tradition with CAK (D1 as well), the schools have only played 4 times (Catholic won all 4). With them getting a new coach maybe they'll play again. Edited by QSouth89

You may be correct ..i said maybe Maryville .. but yes some of the D2 Privates are like playing small colleges ... but doesnt look like Knox Cath wants any part of that... but I thought if scholl gave financial aid that it had no choice .. you mean to tell me noone at KC gets any financial aid from anywhere ?? Donor or  Church etc ???? 

To the best of my knowledge the rule states that if  a school participates in D1 no student athletes may receive financial aid.  I have been told that the TSSAA is trying to close all the loopholes such as "work study", parents of athletes being placed on the school staff but never do any work and the siblings of athletes receiving the financial aid instead of the student athlete.  There are legal loopholes that have been around for many years and the TSSAA had their head in the sand.

With regard to Knoxville Catholic going into D2 you have two major problems.  With no D2AAA teams in Knoxville or upper East Tennessee the travel would be brutal and expensive.  You also have the problem of having to play with the "BIG BOYS" and I am starting to believe that the KC principal has developed a case of the yellow midriff just like his former high school wrestling coach.  KC could compete in D2AAA but they would have to make a serious commitment to athletics. 

It is my understanding that tuition discounts for multiple children also fall under the TSSAA rule so any private school offering a 2nd, 3rd, 4th child discount will be forced to either stop giving that discount or go DII.   I may be wrong but that was the interpretation that I heard.

Doesn't matter if it is an athlete or not. It goes for all students.

Edited by 17SoccerFan

It is my understanding that tuition discounts for multiple children also fall under the TSSAA rule so any private school offering a 2nd, 3rd, 4th child discount will be forced to either stop giving that discount or go DII.   I may be wrong but that was the interpretation that I heard.

Doesn't matter if it is an athlete or not. It goes for all students.

Who would police that ?? TSSAA doesnt have any way to check that .. so guess it honor system ???