4AAA District Tournament

rebelwoman87

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Students dont want to come to games because they are disrespected by admin goons. They are harrassed and made to feel like they are criminals. And for goodness sake dont let them see you post something that they dont like on social media or it will turn into a witch hunt where they violate rights and refuse to let OUR kids call us before they are interrogated. These things are factual and I have 1st hand knowledge of them. They also issue "requests" over the schools public address system that end up having consequences if the request are not followed thus they become threats that violate their own bullying policy as well as push into the realm of Federal terrorism violations. Abuse and intimidation by authority figures etc. Pathetic leadership role models and authoritarian thugs. Why dont you shake that radio antenna is someones face that can shake it back sometime. s

I have no idea how the games will go Tuesday. All four teams left in 4- AAA are good but not great and have had their share of ups and downs. If I had to pick, I would go with Heritage over Bearden and Maryville over Farragut.

In the overall scheme of things, I believe the boy's consolation game has just as much at stake as the championship game.

In the overall scheme of things, I believe the boy's consolation game has just as much at stake as the championship game.[/quot

I agree completely. The chances of advancing to sub state will increase greatly to winners of both games unless Karns shocks Oak Ridge. I hope Karns and Oak Ridge play Tuesday like 4-AAA so that an unlikely Karns win wouldn't reward some less than 100% efforts by 4-AAA teams, especially in consolation game.

Students dont want to come to games because they are disrespected by admin goons. They are harrassed and made to feel like they are criminals. And for goodness sake dont let them see you post something that they dont like on social media or it will turn into a witch hunt where they violate rights and refuse to let OUR kids call us before they are interrogated. These things are factual and I have 1st hand knowledge of them. They also issue "requests" over the schools public address system that end up having consequences if the request are not followed thus they become threats that violate their own bullying policy as well as push into the realm of Federal terrorism violations. Abuse and intimidation by authority figures etc. Pathetic leadership role models and authoritarian thugs. Why dont you shake that radio antenna is someones face that can shake it back sometime. s

Interesting, for a School like Maryville that supposedly prides itself as the Elite School I find it a Contradiction of sorts. Most all schools in the area have better support from what I have seen

In the overall scheme of things, I believe the boy's consolation game has just as much at stake as the championship game.[/quot

I agree completely. The chances of advancing to sub state will increase greatly to winners of both games unless Karns shocks Oak Ridge. I hope Karns and Oak Ridge play Tuesday like 4-AAA so that an unlikely Karns win wouldn't reward some less than 100% efforts by 4-AAA teams, especially in consolation game.

District 3's championship is at 7:30 on Tuesday. But even if it weren't, I can't imagine either of these coaches allowing such a thing to occur.

District 3's championship is at 7:30 on Tuesday. But even if it weren't, I can't imagine either of these coaches allowing such a thing to occur.

I don't think they would allow it to occur either but it has happened at other locations as recently as last year. There was a total farce of a game between two girls teams in Middle Tennessee last year trying to avoid Blackman's side of bracket in region tournament.

It will never happen because of $$$$ but the simple way to ensure that teams aren't encouraged to "tank" in district tournament games is either to 1) cut region tournament to four teams with only top two in district advancing to a four team region tournament or 2) make the district tournament consolation game an elimination game which would create a six team region tournament with each district tournament champ getting a first round bye. I have never liked the idea of a team losing two games in the district tournament and still being alive to play in region tournament.

Edited by Norman Dale

I don't think they would allow it to occur either but it has happened at other locations as recently as last year. There was a total farce of a game between two girls teams in Middle Tennessee last year trying to avoid Blackman's side of bracket in region tournament.

It will never happen because of $$$$ but the simple way to ensure that teams aren't encouraged to "tank" in district tournament games is either to 1) cut region tournament to four teams with only top two in district advancing to a four team region tournament or 2) make the district tournament consolation game an elimination game which would create a six team region tournament with each district tournament champ getting a first round bye. I have never liked the idea of a team losing two games in the district tournament and still being alive to play in region tournament.

Never understood that either. You lose two district games your season should be done.

Even with the ability to lose in the region, basketball still has 6 elimination games to win a state championship. Football has 5 elimination games and 6 classifications. They have it a lot easier. I like how it's set up for bball . You determine seeding in district tournament and if you lose region final you travel.