Van Buren county girls- 1st trip to State

VB-booster

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I guess I was right. All you people that thought VB would be a push over. (Wrong) From what I can gather VB legs were tired late in the game. It's hard to out condition a GC girls team, but I knew it was going to be close. I wasn't there to watch it. I kept up with it on my phone. It's unusual that you have a team make it this far and not be good. Congratulations to VB. They're good. GC has it's work cut out for them. It's sad that you have the two best teams ( #1 & #2 ) in the state meeting in the semifinals. Oh well, that's the T$$AA. Stupid on their part, because GC brings a crowd and they make more $$! Go GC! One down, two more to go.

Well, I guess I was right. All you people that thought VB would be a push over. (Wrong) From what I can gather VB legs were tired late in the game. It's hard to out condition a GC girls team, but I knew it was going to be close. I wasn't there to watch it. I kept up with it on my phone. It's unusual that you have a team make it this far and not be good. Congratulations to VB. They're good. GC has it's work cut out for them. It's sad that you have the two best teams ( #1 & #2 ) in the state meeting in the semifinals. Oh well, that's the T$$AA. Stupid on their part, because GC brings a crowd and they make more $$! Go GC! One down, two more to go.

After GC showing against Van Buren I wouldn't say the 2 best teams are playing in semis. SG and Pickett co are better than both teams

Pioneer42 and westtnsportsman, glad to see that you two were intelligent enough not to believe what some of these "know it alls" were saying about VB. It was a great game full of runs by both teams. It would have been a great game for a spectator to watch. Seems VB ran out of steam towards the end but never gave up. Good luck to Gibson County the rest of the way.

Horrible game by GC, very lucky to win this one. They play like that vs. Middleton and Middleton will win by 30.

that's been GC's style all year...play good enough to win..36-0 didn't happen by accident...and I agree....if GC comes out flat vs Middleton....it could get ugly....I'm sure a veteran coach like Coach Wilkins is preaching that to them as we speak...

Surely y'all didn't buy into what i was saying lol.  You had Ms. Basketball for Class A on the floor they are a good team.  GC not what i expected out of a 35-0 team though.  South Greene looks like the best team in the tournament after game 1.

After GC showing against Van Buren I wouldn't say the 2 best teams are playing in semis. SG and Pickett co are better than both teams

Might want to look at strength of schedule success for GC and Middleton compared to the others you mentioned. GC Number 1 I do believe after 36 games. Beating Westview who is playing in the state tournament and won! We beat them as well. No way SG or Picket are better than Middleton and GC! You don't win 60 something games in a row and not be great. Think they are defending state champs as well. You obviously don't know anything about GC this season. That's the way they have played most of their games and won all of them. They don't give up. Neither did VB today....GC just in a little better condition imo. This will be the toughest team GC will face this year in Middleton in the entire state. It's going to require a near perfect game for GC to win, but they can beat them I think.

I'm not disagreeing with you because I have only seen Middleton Gibson and South Greene play one game but in the games i have seen South Greene was the best team of the three. Really it wasn't close. Could have been a bad game for the other two or what have you but South Greene is for real beating a very good Pickett team.

Edited by FutureCOY