Who are the Top 5 players in the State Regardless of Class?

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Goodluck with this post lol. Alot of the homers will throw out some unknown names and try to specify it off stats or the player's role on their team instead of pointing out the player's overall ability against comparable competition and elite talent lol. Good luck sir. this will be interesting.

Goodluck with this post lol. Alot of the homers will throw out some unknown names and try to specify it off stats or the player's role on their team instead of pointing out the player's overall ability against comparable competition and elite talent lol. Good luck sir. this will be interesting.

This was mainly for the cat who said Key is top t regardless of class. This topic will never duplicate. Even the "ranking services" are different, but I want to see where this goes

haha funny thing is i posted in that forum earlier responded to his statement and scrambled upon yours minutes later. He's probably a homer who hasn't seen much ball outside of the rural area schools in which a good high school player(future college kid) is seen as the next all american snub in their opinion. I agree with pujo, sleeprs happen but it's very rare.

here's what i said:

"Key being a top 5 player in the state is laughable. And i dont understand why its continually being pointed out that "top aau" programs are after him. Imo aau doesnt matter if youre not selfish enough with the ball to takeover and stand out, and as a 2017 player its kinda too late for him to benefit very well from an aau organization in the state unless he went to Team Penny, Team Thad or WACG and made a deep run into the peach jam(for the nike affiliated teams) or a event like that for example and was able to extremely stand out. And even with those teams they have kids who have been playing together for over 5 years and have been successful on all the AAU circuits. All 3 of those organizations bring players from out of the state (Dennis Smith, PJ Washington, Marvin Bagley, and Kevaughn allen to name a few all top 50 players nationally) in to play in the big circuits so even the local talent is sometimes overshadowed by the top blue chippers. The AAU circuit is extremely political there are rarely overnight stars who join the teams and completely show out enough; and if youre not with a organization that is sponsored by the big boys (Nike, Addidas, UA) it can be pointless and its sometimes hard to be seen. Key is special, he has the size for the next level and a tremendous skill set but Its hard to believe that he's a top 5 player in the state if you have not seen all of the top kids play. Our state is very competitive in basketball even on a national level and we are lucky to see some of the future stars that we do. But top 5 is far fetched seeing that we cant find any video evidence of him and he doesn't have a single star on any recruiting board (even tho ratings are dumb and not an exact science)."

haha funny thing is i posted in that forum earlier responded to his statement and scrambled upon yours minutes later. He's probably a homer who hasn't seen much ball outside of the rural area schools in which a good high school player(future college kid) is seen as the next all american snub in their opinion. I agree with pujo, sleeprs happen but it's very rare.

here's what i said:

"Key being a top 5 player in the state is laughable. And i dont understand why its continually being pointed out that "top aau" programs are after him. Imo aau doesnt matter if youre not selfish enough with the ball to takeover and stand out, and as a 2017 player its kinda too late for him to benefit very well from an aau organization in the state unless he went to Team Penny, Team Thad or WACG and made a deep run into the peach jam(for the nike affiliated teams) or a event like that for example and was able to extremely stand out. And even with those teams they have kids who have been playing together for over 5 years and have been successful on all the AAU circuits. All 3 of those organizations bring players from out of the state (Dennis Smith, PJ Washington, Marvin Bagley, and Kevaughn allen to name a few all top 50 players nationally) in to play in the big circuits so even the local talent is sometimes overshadowed by the top blue chippers. The AAU circuit is extremely political there are rarely overnight stars who join the teams and completely show out enough; and if youre not with a organization that is sponsored by the big boys (Nike, Addidas, UA) it can be pointless and its sometimes hard to be seen. Key is special, he has the size for the next level and a tremendous skill set but Its hard to believe that he's a top 5 player in the state if you have not seen all of the top kids play. Our state is very competitive in basketball even on a national level and we are lucky to see some of the future stars that we do. But top 5 is far fetched seeing that we cant find any video evidence of him and he doesn't have a single star on any recruiting board (even tho ratings are dumb and not an exact science)."

Exactly. I normally just read but I created another account just to  just to respond. 

Of the ones I saw this year and clips of here is mine .

1. Jaylen fisher of Bolton

2, Abdul ADu of Hamilton heights

3. Dillion Mitchell of White station

4. Jordan Bone of Ensworth

5. Bo Hodges of Maplewood

5. Garett Sams of Westview

Of course I know this could be almost anybody depending where you live . I try to watch tapes of the 50 best .

here's what i said:

"Key being a top 5 player in the state is laughable. And i dont understand why its continually being pointed out that "top aau" programs are after him. Imo aau doesnt matter if youre not selfish enough with the ball to takeover and stand out, and as a 2017 player its kinda too late for him to benefit very well from an aau organization in the

state unless he went to Team Penny, Team Thad or WACG and made a deep run into the peach jam(for the nike affiliated teams) or a event like that for example and was able to extremely stand out. And even with those teams they have kids who have been playing together for over 5 years and have been successful on all the AAU circuits. All 3 of those organizations bring players from out of the state (Dennis Smith, PJ Washington, Marvin Bagley, and Kevaughn allen to name a few all top 50 players nationally) in to play in the big circuits so even the local talent is sometimes overshadowed by the top blue chippers. The AAU circuit is extremely political there are rarely overnight stars who join the teams and completely show out enough; and if youre not with a organization that is sponsored by the big boys (Nike, Addidas, UA) it can be pointless and its sometimes hard to be seen. Key is special, he has the size for the next level and a tremendous skill set but Its hard to believe that he's a top 5 player in the state if you have not seen all of the top kids play. Our state is very competitive in basketball even on a national level and we are lucky to see some of the future stars that we do. But top 5 is far fetched seeing that we cant find any video evidence of him and he doesn't have a single star on any recruiting board (even tho ratings are dumb and not an exact science)."

From Chattanooga area and I have watched Key twice while he might not be top 5 he is definitely SEC caliber.