Saw Trezevant team today and all I can say is WOW!

Galilee

Look at at who they lost too they were 6a schools and maryville was down last year two years ago they were 4 a and went to the state game in 4 a so yeah they pretty dang bad

You should never post again because your lack of knowledge when it comes to football all over the state is so far off. They lost by 22 points to 4a Memphis East (not a 6a team), who got put out by 2 tds by Pearl Cohn. That's same Pearl Cohn team got throttle by Knox Catholic 48 to 8. Since you seem to know about football you should know that Knox Catholic got beat by 28 pts by Cpa earlier in the year, you know the same CPA that Alcoa shutout 20 to 0. Like I said before yes Trezevant will dominate 2a and 1A but to even think they would win 3a or 4a is laughable. Yes they made it to the championship twice in 4a a 60 to 12 loss to Greeneville and a 29 to 20 loss to Fulton. Teams like Alcoa, Cpa, Greeneville, Knox Catholic, Fulton, etc have enough depth and athletes to not let a 1 man (5 star or not) beat them.

And yes Maryville was down by their standards losing in the 6a championship game for their only loss of the year. If your first statement was true about Trezevant losing to just 6a teams then how by your Logic wouldn't Alcoa be better than Trezevant, since Alcoa lost to the state runner up in 6a by 6?

Edited by Swipes

You should never post again because your lack of knowledge when it comes to football all over the state is so far off. They lost by 22 points to 4a Memphis East (not a 6a team), who got put out by 2 tds by Pearl Cohn. That's same Pearl Cohn team got throttle by Knox Catholic 48 to 8. Since you seem to know about football you should know that Knox Catholic got beat by 28 pts by Cpa earlier in the year, you know the same CPA that Alcoa shutout 20 to 0. Like I said before yes Trezevant will dominate 2a and 1A but to even think they would win 3a or 4a is laughable. Yes they made it to the championship twice in 4a a 60 to 12 loss to Greeneville and a 29 to 20 loss to Fulton. Teams like Alcoa, Cpa, Greeneville, Knox Catholic, Fulton, etc have enough depth and athletes to not let a 1 man (5 star or not) beat them.

And yes Maryville was down by their standards losing in the 6a championship game for their only loss of the year. If your first statement was true about Trezevant losing to just 6a teams then how by your Logic wouldn't Alcoa be better than Trezevant, since Alcoa lost to the state runner up in 6a by 6?

I completly agree with the post!Alcoa and Maryville are the two best teams in the state of Tenessee period.Consistant coaching and unmatched talent year in and year out.I am a huge fan of Trez but cant use them in the same sentence when comparing these two juggernauts!

Trez has a very good team and should win it all again. I don't think they could beat Alcoa though. Alcoa would have an equalizer for Richardson. He was a one man wrecking crew against us and he was all they needed. If we had been able to slow him down I'm not sure who would have stepped up on their team. Not taking anything away from any of the other kids though.

you have to consider where Adamsville is coming from. Last year they were sure that they would be in the Semi against Trezvant. They said one man could not beat them. They were correct a TCA TEAM went to their house and beat them in the second round. So now they are on the boat that one player can beat you. In 1a and 2A a stud can carry you. BUT seeing Trezvant in person in the semi final CR is great but I am realistic to know that a Team can beat one man. In 3a and up you have more depth to field a team. So yes Trezvant would not be able to handle Alcoa, Marryville etc. heck Marion gave them all of the team ball that they wanted. Don't get me wrong trezvant is a good team but don't start throwing them around as the greatest in the state in all divisions. Let's keep it real. 2a

Guest AdamsvilleDad26

I stand corrected and yes my mouth does overload my thought process sometimes. It's my sons senior coming up so you won't have to put up with my stupidity but one more year so bear with me as I stumble over myself from time to time

Maryville sucks. Think aboutit ? They never play anyone who's nationally ranked,they never play outside of the state - true competition; and why have they refused to play South Panola for the last 10 or so years ?

heck I'd beat up the same saps every year and claim to be the truth, but true football players, and fans know the truth. Ps. South Panola will travel

Maryville sucks. Think aboutit ? They never play anyone who's nationally ranked,they never play outside of the state - true competition; and why have they refused to play South Panola for the last 10 or so years ?

heck I'd beat up the same saps every year and claim to be the truth, but true football players, and fans know the truth. Ps. South Panola will travel

I took your advice and thought about it...Maryville plays up in classification, wins with dignity, loses (rarely) with class, and is usually the consensus #1 pick to win the championship. More often than not the team that they defeat for the title has superior athletes in greater numbers than the Rebels, but they overcome that with preparation, coaching, and discipline. If you believe that all those attributes add up to "sucks", I don't value your opinion very much.

Trezevant was in serious trouble in the title game last year with far superior athletic talent on the field (no offense to Marion Co.), and save for one of the top rated backs in the nation carrying them on his back in the forth quarter, almost blew the game. Trez is the favorite for the upcoming season. Nobody in their classification should be able to play with them past halftime, but let their "horse" go down or have a few turnovers and a disciplined team (like Maryville is) could upset the apple cart.

Edited by tradertwo
  • Upvote 1

Never heard this before.