Dobyns-Bennett Football 2016

tribe141

First,it was a scrimmage and they are for learning but I'll try to be as neutral as possible in my assessment and after mostly one's playing on the first three drives for each team.Yes it makes a world when you don't have all your key players such as a starting QB.That's an area I would work on for any team in case something like 2012 for DB happens when you lose a starting QB for any period of time. Before hand,I said if Greeneville could run on this DB front ,they would be hard to stop this year.Well,with the big man in there for DB ,running yards were hard to come by for my alma mater.Much different story when he wasn't and some 2eds getting into the mix.I said if DB could stop this Greeneville passing game,they would be very tough.DB had some great plays on the ball and the db's made some fine plays but this Greeneville team is something you don't go against every day and they can flat out get it down the field through the air.Depth for both teams is something that needs to be built during the year.The Devil defense hits like you would expect them to and the DB offense is loaded with skill and will pile up a lot of yards this year.The who really cares score after those 3 drives was 14-0 Greeneville .I can't see either team with many losses during the regular season .It's all about the playoffs and for DB,build depth where  you should have already had it will be a key to getting past the first three rounds and doing what I said they would do years ago in 2016.. Good to talk to several people tonight,meant to get over on the DB side and say high to those I didn't get a chance to talk to but decided to get in the press box.

Is there a like and a vote up button? Eh

Well here is some inside info 

1.  DB still makes an incredibly ridiculous amount of money off of football and donations.

2.  Grades are more important.  Teach first Coach Second

3.  A lot of respect for Graham.  He can stay there as long as he chooses to stay there.

4.  Athletics overall has gone down.  Kids are showing a change.  A lot more transfers out for athletics and in for academics.

5.  Excitement isn't for sports, but for building on to the school.

Long story short, the days of sports first is over.  DB will be strong for a while (and I think they will beat SH this year) but when it comes to the state level they aren't the best team out there.  Around here, DB, SH, Greeneville are your kings.  Everyone else is a 5 touchdown difference.

DB couldn't beat Sullivan North, Sullivan east, or Hampton by five touchdowns. I would bet my paycheck on that. Questionable if they could even beat a couple of those teams. I triple guarantee you they couldn't have beat Hamptons team from last year, and Hampton is a AA school. These match ups would never happen though.

DB couldn't beat Sullivan North, Sullivan east, or Hampton by five touchdowns. I would bet my paycheck on that. Questionable if they could even beat a couple of those teams. I triple guarantee you they couldn't have beat Hamptons team from last year, and Hampton is a AA school. These match ups would never happen though.

Can't wait for Waco's reply to this one...

I'd bet a Big Pal against your paycheck that it's possible.DB opened the 2004 season against North.47-0.

I'd bet a Big Pal against your paycheck that it's possible.DB opened the 2004 season against North.47-0.

LOL. Not to much confidence there. 2004 was twelve years ago. What about the other two teams I mentioned. Do some research on them from last year. Just saying DB needs to improve a lot to be competitive against these current teams they are slated against. Again, beating those teams by five touchdowns is a long shot. They train just as hard(if not harder) than those Indians.

LOL. Not to much confidence there. 2004 was twelve years ago. What about the other two teams I mentioned. Do some research on them from last year. Just saying DB needs to improve a lot to be competitive against these current teams they are slated against. Again, beating those teams by five touchdowns is a long shot. They train just as hard(if not harder) than those Indians.

DB  has got a lot of talent and they will beat a lot of people bad this year with that talent.Two or three teams outside of Maryville on the schedule are loaded as well and could beat DB if they  play a good game but I wouldn't bet on any in this area outside of SH  or Greeneville " if they played a real game " to give DB much competition.By the way,I'll take cheese on that Big Pal

Edited by BatmanDB

DB has got a lot of talent and they will beat a lot of people bad this year with that talent.Two or three teams outside of Maryville on the schedule are loaded as well and could beat DB if they play a good game but I wouldn't bet on any in this area outside of SH or Greeneville " if they played a real game " to give DB much competition.By the way,I'll take cheese on that Big Pal

Everyone in the region will be loaded this year. I don't expect anything less than what happened last year when every team but Maryville had more than one region loss.

I like your enthusiasm buddy but this is a little out of touch with reality. Hampton would have given them a good game last year but it would not have been very close. I think North would have imploded against them last year. 6A ball is just a different animal. I know you've been hanging your hat on a good scrimmage against South this year but you might not realize that they only played 3rd/4th/5th string RB's in that scrimmage to get them some experience. This is coming from a North grad.

Not really hanging my hat on that scrimmage. I just do not see last year's DB beating just any school in this area by five touchdowns. Granted they would probably win, but they couldn't just beat the best local talent by Five.Maybe if DB went 9 and 1 last year they could blow everyone out by five touchdowns. Trust me, I understand the whole 1A through 6A classification deal about depth and all. But one guy posted they could beat all locals by five. That would include Elizabethton,East,North,Hampton,and Crockett.No sir, not them by Five touchdowns. I am anxious to see how DB does against Sullivan county's new school in the next few years.

Not really hanging my hat on that scrimmage. I just do not see last year's DB beating just any school in this area by five touchdowns. Granted they would probably win, but they couldn't just beat the best local talent by Five.Maybe if DB went 9 and 1 last year they could blow everyone out by five touchdowns. Trust me, I understand the whole 1A through 6A classification deal about depth and all. But one guy posted they could beat all locals by five. That would include Elizabethton,East,North,Hampton,and Crockett.No sir, not them by Five touchdowns. I am anxious to see how DB does against Sullivan county's new school in the next few years.

Maybe not all by 5 TD's but the 45-14 win against Tennessee High last year with TNH later losing narrowly to Elizabethon 21-20 is telling. I think the success of the new school will depend in a large part on how well the Bloomingdale community trucks over to the airport area versus going to Gate City.

Hoping that Maupin and Malone have good Senior seasons for the Indians. Been around both of those kids since they were toddlers.