2016 Preseason Class 6A Coaches Poll

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To the point that K-Dub made about our OC...

As a person that had an up close and personal contact regarding the "philosophy" let me explain the issue with the Ravenwood game from the Semifinals last season...

Ravenwood had a 5'6" / 5'7" average athletic CB that played cover 1 or 3 the majority of the night on the side of a 6'3"/6'4" decent WR... We threw one or two fades with that match up when it mattered (before the starting QB got hurt) and so happen to score one TD... (Clears throat)... There was a Goalline stand had by Ravenwood in the 1st quarter after the offense drove down the field with relative ease on either the first or second drive of the game. PLEASE refer back to the 5'7" CB vs 6'3" WR match-up... 3 of the 4 downs that Whitehaven was stopped on were within the 5 yd line and ALL the plays were up the gut RUN plays... We should have thrown the jump ball ONCE in that situation as it came back to haunt us...

Let me continue, Whitehaven didn't score ANY POINTS in the Second Half... You mean to tell me that an Offense that was moving the ball relatively easy in the first half (I think Whitehaven had like 150 yds of Total offense at halftime) gets shut out in the second half is beyond critique... Aw ok. This is why what happened last season makes me and other fans so angry, WE HAVE SEEN THAT TYPE OF L before. (Loud Yell)... Literally the last game I coached at Whitehaven that is how we went out against Smyrna in 2010... Hayle, the offense didn't score ANY points against Maryville in the 2011 Title game when we had just put up an easy 40+ the previous week against Mt. Juliet! BRUH, yall don't get how upset I get. So please understand when I talk it's coming from a place of passion that I can't keep under wraps. I understand the other teams have talent and may be better than Whitehaven. I can take it when we lose but honestly the reason we lose, from my point of view, is usually because of something WE did or DIDN'T do. I can't be convinced otherwise.

Maryville had one of their best defensive teams ever in 2011.

That corner y'all are talking about runs more about 5'5. He was a solid player but obviously the jump ball is out of his reach. Ravenwood had undersized corners all year conpared to other teams corners. Was surprised they weren't challenged as much as they were

I couldn't believe we didn't throw at least 5 JUMP BALLS against dude. I remember them taking him out after the TD was scored on him but he was in the game enough times where a check to FADE would have been appropriate.

Edited by BlackHavenSenator

I'm not sold Ravenwood starts the season as high as 5 maybe not top 10. Bradley could be higher to start the season but they have no depth. I look for the MTSU region to come back stronger this year. Maryville has depth and coaching and they are well Maryville. I think this years 6a could be a dog fight across most regions. I'm not saying Ravenwood won't be good by the end of the season. I like their o line. Defense has to replace a lot. So maybe by the end of season they are ready for playoffs. What's their early season schedule look like?

I'm not sold Ravenwood starts the season as high as 5 maybe not top 10. Bradley could be higher to start the season but they have no depth. I look for the MTSU region to come back stronger this year. Maryville has depth and coaching and they are well Maryville. I think this years 6a could be a dog fight across most regions. I'm not saying Ravenwood won't be good by the end of the season. I like their o line. Defense has to replace a lot. So maybe by the end of season they are ready for playoffs. What's their early season schedule look like?

Defense is fine and lead by LB Tahj Williams. He is the best linebacker that Williamson county has seen in years. Ravenwood has the best O-Line in school history, lead by 6-7 Duke commit Patrick Lietten. The new coaching staff has experience at the game's highest level, the NFL. In addition, the Raptors have hired longtime Titans special teams coach Allen Lowery. The sceduled is loaded early, but eases after the halfway point. The toughest team the Raptors play this year will be Maryville.

Defense is fine and lead by LB Tahj Williams. He is the best linebacker that Williamson county has seen in years. Ravenwood has the best O-Line in school history, lead by 6-7 Duke commit Patrick Lietten. The new coaching staff has experience at the game's highest level, the NFL. In addition, the Raptors have hired longtime Titans special teams coach Allen Lowery. The sceduled is loaded early, but eases after the halfway point. The toughest team the Raptors play this year will be Maryville.

:popcorneater:  :popcorneater:  :popcorneater:

Ravenwood got a regular season game vs. Maryville? That's interesting

I wouldn't go that far to say it's the best o-line in school history but yes the schedule is tough at first with Siegal A, Brentwood A, Mt Juliet A, Centennial H , Franklin H. Tough school but eases out to metro and Wilson county. Defense lost all but 1 starter and including key subs. Offense lost about 50% of team but about 98% of the yards gained. New coaching staff and a lot of mysteries