Reclassification for 2017-2021

TCVeritas

With so many schools moving to DII in 2017, hopefully they will expand the classes on that side, to compensate. Rather than water down the DI playoffs with teams that go 2 and 8 for the season. They could increase ticket prices by $1 per round, as well. Fans of the more successful programs will pay that extra dollar. Just a thought.

i think all the privates should have to pay more. The public schools shouldn't be made to pay more. :popcorneater:

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Speculation is if T$$AA try to put us in Region 1(like they tried once before), then we might move up to 2A...Personally idk how it will look...considering past memberships approvals over the last year for a handful of new schools, mainly west of Nashville, are going to be added to the ranks of 1A. Everybody's 20th day enrollment numbers should be in by the first part of September...I'm guessing we should know by mid-October what the new classification cycle will look like for the next 2-4 years.

Doesnt matter .Union City will keep all their kids home until after the count.Let them visit Discovery Park.Titan Tire etc until after the count and then they'll have 50 more students .Cant convince me that they have 85 football players and 90 band members and have under 400 students.

The privates will be gone. If they choose to stay they'll have to play in the highest classification in Division I. This will force their hand and they will go D-II.

D-II will then expand into 3 classes. Division I will remain 6 classes.

Columbia Academy staying. No total split.

Doesnt matter .Union City will keep all their kids home until after the count.Let them visit Discovery Park.Titan Tire etc until after the count and then they'll have 50 more students .Cant convince me that they have 85 football players and 90 band members and have under 400 students.

Selective enrollment.City schools take kids who bring something positive to the school.

Now that's funny. We only have about 55 football players though. Band number is about 150. With 25 cheerleaders. Students at UC are expected to participate in school activities. There are very few that don't participate in an extra curricular activity, most overlap. Don't worry we are going to be 2A in 2017, so everyone can fuss about Peabody then.

Oh, we will probably have over 400 students when school starts next month. If anybody has a problem with how it's being handled call the TSSAA at 615-889-6740.

Edited by fallguy17

Now that's funny. We only have about 55 football players though. Band number is about 150. With 25 cheerleaders. Students at UC are expected to participate in school activities. There are very few that don't participate in an extra curricular activity, most overlap. Don't worry we are going to be 2A in 2017, so everyone can fuss about Peabody then.

Oh, we will probably have over 400 students when school starts next month. If anybody has a problem with how it's being handled call the TSSAA at 615-889-6740.

Wait yall have 150 band members???

Holy crap man. And 25 cheerleaders?? Lol that is insane and hard to fathom. We have. Roster of 61 players and are always between 50-60 players but have a band of probably 25-40 & 10-12 cheerleaders. We got 318 kids in our HS, give or take a few but never dreamed of having a band that size!

I see Union City had an Enrollment of 397 back before the 2015 season and had heard yall was destined for 2A. It should be a little bit better competition but IMO yall will still dominate and would need to play up to 3A to have serious competition. But I hope yall go to 2A and destroy Adamsville!

With so many schools moving to DII in 2017, hopefully they will expand the classes on that side, to compensate. Rather than water down the DI playoffs with teams that go 2 and 8 for the season. They could increase ticket prices by $1 per round, as well. Fans of the more successful programs will pay that extra dollar. Just a thought.

Looking at the list of private schools... It's not as many as people think. I am only seeing 5 privates in 1A & 6 schools in 2A. I may be wrong but there is not near as many schools and will not cause much change in the current 1A & 2A teams.

With 6 classes the range for 1A would be from 161-395 with an average enrollment of 287. In 2A if the cut off is 577 the average enrollment would be 482. There's a thought that most of the privates are going DII because of the change in aide that can be given. I am not sure that is going to happen. Columbia Acad. came out today and said they would stay in DI. I wonder if they will keep running their buses to different counties picking up students ^_^ ?  

Wait yall have 150 band members???

Holy crap man. And 25 cheerleaders?? Lol that is insane and hard to fathom. We have. Roster of 61 players and are always between 50-60 players but have a band of probably 25-40 & 10-12 cheerleaders. We got 318 kids in our HS, give or take a few but never dreamed of having a band that size!

I see Union City had an Enrollment of 397 back before the 2015 season and had heard yall was destined for 2A. It should be a little bit better competition but IMO yall will still dominate and would need to play up to 3A to have serious competition. But I hope yall go to 2A and destroy Adamsville!

UC band has always been large. When my wife was in the band in the 80's they had over 200 members. It's a big deal around here. I've been corrected about the cheerleaders, we have 20.

As far as I can tell, our move to 2A will put us in Adamsville's region. I hope you're right about our continued success.

Looking at the list of private schools... It's not as many as people think. I am only seeing 5 privates in 1A & 6 schools in 2A. I may be wrong but there is not near as many schools and will not cause much change in the current 1A & 2A teams.

Wow, I thought there would be far more than that. I guess most have made the move already. Are most in Middle and West TN?

With 6 classes the range for 1A would be from 161-395 with an average enrollment of 287. In 2A if the cut off is 577 the average enrollment would be 482. There's a thought that most of the privates are going DII because of the change in aide that can be given. I am not sure that is going to happen. Columbia Acad. came out today and said they would stay in DI. I wonder if they will keep running their buses to different counties picking up students ^_^ ?

That's a lot of gas money! From what I read of the rule change, it will be extremely difficult for any private to stay in DI.