Reclassification for 2017-2021

TCVeritas

Now that's funny. We only have about 55 football players though. Band number is about 150. With 25 cheerleaders. Students at UC are expected to participate in school activities. There are very few that don't participate in an extra curricular activity, most overlap. Don't worry we are going to be 2A in 2017, so everyone can fuss about Peabody then.

Oh, we will probably have over 400 students when school starts next month. If anybody has a problem with how it's being handled call the TSSAA at 615-889-6740.

Trenton doesnt look like a smaller version of Jackson when you come into the city limits.And I think I counted about 80 something football players a couple years ago.But for real though.I actually like playing UC.win or lose.In football and basketball.LC hasnt been the power it used to be but am hoping in a couple years ,things get back to whet they use to be.I'd rather play UC and lose than beat Fulton Co 60-0.But I know there are others that dont want to play UC

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Trenton doesnt look like a smaller version of Jackson when you come into the city limits.And I think I counted about 80 something football players a couple years ago.But for real though.I actually like playing UC.win or lose.In football and basketball.LC hasnt been the power it used to be but am hoping in a couple years ,things get back to whet they use to be.I'd rather play UC and lose than beat Fulton Co 60-0.But I know there are others that dont want to play UC

No matter what kind of season LC is having they are a tough tough opponent. You better not let your guard down for even 1 play. And I agree completely with the FC comment.

Since there is more of a difference between 1A and 2A rather than 5A and 6A (IMO) why don't they make 1A like 6A is now? Just take the smallest 32-40schools in the state, let them play and divide the rest into 2-6A? 

The one problem I could see off the top of my head though is traveling costs for those small schools.

Since there is more of a difference between 1A and 2A rather than 5A and 6A (IMO) why don't they make 1A like 6A is now? Just take the smallest 32-40schools in the state, let them play and divide the rest into 2-6A?

The one problem I could see off the top of my head though is traveling costs for those small schools.

Some would be 2-3 hours away from at least some of their region opponents.

So we all know that if they was to split the teams & put the bottom 32 in terms of enrollment into 1 division and made it the new 1A that we would have some serious travel problems or would we??... so I did some work on the schools with the smallest enrollments *(That Play Football) *. This way everyone can get an idea of just what the Region's or District's would look like and therefore seeing how much travel teams would have to do.

Currently, 57 teams participate in 1A Football. All having enrollments under 400 students. If you take out the Privates, aside from Columbia Academy, who is attempting to stay in 1A and not be moved to DII then that number drops to 51 teams.

So if you take the bottom 32 teams it would leave just 19 other schools. I guess you could just lump the last 19 schools into 2A or you could split that 51 # into 2. Either way, I will list the theory on just keeping the bottom 32 schools in one group for now so we can see who's left.

Region 1:

Unaka - 290

Hancock County - 286

Cloudland - 193

Oakdale - 188

Region 2:

Midway - 289

Greenback - 209

Coalfield - 182

Sunbright - 173

Region 3:

Sale Creek - 306

Copper Basin - 227

Lookout Valley - 204

South Pittsburg - 245

Region 4:

Fayetteville - 318

Cornersville - 293

Huntland - 214

Moore County - 197

Region 5:

Monterey - 339

Gordonsville - 318

Clay County - 264

Pickett County - 248

Red Boiling Springs - 200

Region 6:

Wayne County - 319

McEwen - 308

Collinwood - 278

Hollow Rock-Bruceton - 209

Region 7:

West Carroll - 295

Humboldt - 263

South Fulton - 245

Lake County - 243

Greenfield - 210

Gleason - 161

Region 8:

Middle College - 233

That is a list of the schools with the 32 smallest enrollments that play football & are in 1A currently, aside from Privates. All grouped in what Region they currently compete in for this season.

Almost crazy how much equal each Region is except for the Memphis teams in Region 8, which actually has just 4 total teams in it this season and needs to be fixed and perhaps put into another Region all together. Could this type of configuration work? Honestly I think so and it's a whole lot less travel than I was expecting! This could work, IMO.

**All numbers come from enrollment figures provided prior to the 2015 season.**

**List does not include the 3 Memphis schools that have closed or do not participate in Football now (Northside, Carver, Dubois)**

Edited by WCHS_Wildcats_#2

So we all know that if they was to split the teams & put the bottom 32 in terms of enrollment into 1 division and made it the new 1A that we would have some serious travel problems or would we??... so I did some work on the schools with the smallest enrollments *(That Play Football) *. This way everyone can get an idea of just what the Region's or District's would look like and therefore seeing how much travel teams would have to do.

Currently, 57 teams participate in 1A Football. All having enrollments under 400 students. If you take out the Privates, aside from Columbia Academy, who is attempting to stay in 1A and not be moved to DII then that number drops to 52 teams.

So if you take the bottom 32 teams it would leave just 20 other schools. I guess you could just lump the last 20 schools into 2A or you could split that 52 # into 2 and each gets 26 teams?. Either way, I will list the theory on just keeping the bottom 32 schools in one group for now so we can see who's left.

Region 1:

Unaka - 290 (Region 1)

Hancock County - 286 (Region 1)

Cloudland - 193 (Region 1)

Oakdale - 188 (Region 1)

Concord Christian - 106 (Region 1)

Region 2:

Midway - 289 (Region 2)

Greenback - 209 (Region 2)

Coalfield - 182 (Region 2)

Sunbright - 173 (Region 2)

Region 3:

Sale Creek - 306 (Region 3)

Copper Basin - 227 (Region 3)

Lookout Valley - 204 (Region 3)

South Pittsburg - 245 (Region 3)

Region 4:

Fayetteville - 318 (Region 4)

Cornersville - 293 (Region 4)

Huntland - 214 (Region 4)

Moore County - 197 (Region 4)

Region 5:

Gordonsville - 318 (Region 5)

Clay County - 264 (Region 5)

Pickett County - 248 (Region 5)

Red Boiling Springs - 200 (Region 5)

Region 6:

Wayne County - 319 (Region 6)

McEwen - 308 (Region 6)

Collinwood - 278 (Region 6)

Hollow Rock-Bruceton - 209 (Region 6)

Region 7:

West Carroll - 295 (Region 7)

Humboldt - 263 (Region 7)

South Fulton - 245 (Region 7)

Lake County - 243 (Region 7)

Greenfield - 210 (Region 7)

Gleason - 161 (Region 7)

Region 8:

Middle College - 233 (Region 8)

That is a list of the schools with the 32 smallest enrollments that play football & are in 1A currently, aside from Privates. All grouped in what Region they currently compete in for this season.

Almost crazy how much equal each Region is except for the Memphis teams in Region 8, which actually has just 4 total teams in it this season and needs to be fixed and perhaps put into another Region all together. Could this type of configuration work? Honestly I think so and it's a whole lot less travel than I was expecting! This could work, IMO.

**All numbers come from enrollment figures provided prior to the 2015 season.**

**List does not include the 3 Memphis schools that have closed or do not participate in Football now (Northside, Carver, Dubois)**

concord is private.

Some would be 2-3 hours away from at least some of their region opponents.

Yes but most schools travel anyways......I think it would be great for the smaller schools to have a legit chance. Look at greenback and coalfield the last two years. Both good teams with great tradition and were no match for a private school and a magnet school with 400 students.

Yes but most schools travel anyways......I think it would be great for the smaller schools to have a legit chance. Look at greenback and coalfield the last two years. Both good teams with great tradition and were no match for a private school and a magnet school with 400 students.

+1!

Greenback & Coalfield both are ranked in the top 10 of lowest enrollments of schools with Football teams. I understand it from your POV though as a team like Union City, Peabody, Trousdale and a couple others are nearly double than those 2 schools but then again, how can they fix it?

Greenback & Coalfield both are ranked in the top 10 of lowest enrollments of schools with Football teams. I understand it from your POV though as a team like Union City, Peabody, Trousdale and a couple others are nearly double than those 2 schools but then again, how can they fix it?

Zion Christian