Alcoa travels to the land of privates to play Webb

BCsportsfan

ACT what? You are second in your county and would be last in Williamson County alone (6th). Most recent state stats have it not close to a 25. It is a 22. Locally, Pittman is much higher as is Maryville. Maybe 5th in your area is more precise?

Say its a great football school but making a claim to be top 5 in the ACT is kinda out there.

https://www.tn.gov/education/search?keywords=Alcoa+high+school+ACT

The last I saw was a 25 on the ACT, if that info is incorrect, I apologize. I didn't double check my source.

However, I stand by my statement that the school draws great kids to it academically. Have you been inside the knew school? A 15:1 student teacher ratio is also pretty impressive. The schools location right off oh Alcoa Hwy also lends itself to a easier commute and drop off for students in the surrounding area vs Maryville HS. I know several freshman that don't play football, whose parents transferred them to Alcoa from other feeder middle schools for academic reasons. Some folks just like a smaller school.

My other post was  meant in fun. I was doing it as  fake recruiting pitch to counter the arguments that some posters make because they lose to Alcoa( which is actually a 2a school that plays up to 3A)

If Alcoa's ACT scores go up the next few years, will UCSportsFan accuse the Tornadoes of recruiting academically gifted kids from Blount and Knox county schools?

Yes Sir! I heard Rankin was seen at the Global Finals for Destination Imagination in Knoxville back in the spring. They said he was talking about STEMs. I do not know why he would be talking about that. I reckon he just needed some yard work done......