Peabody host Middleton

JungleJim125

Peabody should get on the winning track Friday night. But for all Tide fans boy they need a lot of work. They will get hurt all year if the dline don't improve. Peabody has no speed in the secondary.I am not putting the Tide I am from Gibson  county and wish them all well. Hopefully the dline will get better as the year goes on. if not this will be a long year for Peabody fans. Because you cant teach speed. Good Luck!

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Peabody won't improve this week. A good practice would be more beneficial than playing Middleton...if your an athlete there you play basketball, and if you play basketball you don't play anything else. Sad that so much potential walks the halls without considering other sports. With a different situation the Tigers could be a perennial power, but until something changes they will be a "doormat".

Peabody won't improve this week. A good practice would be more beneficial than playing Middleton...if your an athlete there you play basketball, and if you play basketball you don't play anything else. Sad that so much potential walks the halls without considering other sports. With a different situation the Tigers could be a perennial power, but until something changes they will be a "doormat".

they could be very good..why does more young men not play?

they could be very good..why does more young men not play?

That's a difficult question. The basketball rumor appears not to be true. Maybe under Smalley but under Burkley there have always been a couple basketball guys on the football field. Youth football in Hardeman County is very limited on opportunity and participation. Football has never been a priority there. Bolivar has a coach now that has created a buzz around the football program there and now its becoming a solid program with more kids in it than anyone can remember.

That's a difficult question. The basketball rumor appears not to be true. Maybe under Smalley but under Burkley there have always been a couple basketball guys on the football field. Youth football in Hardeman County is very limited on opportunity and participation. Football has never been a priority there. Bolivar has a coach now that has created a buzz around the football program there and now its becoming a solid program with more kids in it than anyone can remember.

That comes from inside. Someone close to the program confided to me that the basketball players have been "strongly discouraged" from playing other sports...both boys and girls. Maybe it's true, maybe not, but I can't recall any players who get significant minutes on the court that have played football, baseball, or softball. If I didn't feel that my source was accurate, there never would have been a post from me.

While Peabody had a tough one the other night, you have to keep your analysis on this team in perspective. Most of the kids on the field, it was their first varsity start, and going up against a loaded Milan team who were superior to the majority of the teams they are going to play this season. Trenton has too good of a program to just fall off completely, and as these players gain experience they will become competitive.

However agreed, the secondary's speed is an area of concern. Especially against some of the top tier teams they'll play like Dresden and Union City. Also, cleaning up missed tackles and willingness to play physical football must be addressed for improvement. However, that's a common theme when going up against Milan. They'll be fine this week against Middleton though.

However agreed, the secondary's speed is an area of concern. Especially against some of the top tier teams they'll play like Dresden and Union City. Also, cleaning up missed tackles and willingness to play physical football must be addressed for improvement. However, that's a common theme when going up against Milan. They'll be fine this week against Middleton though.

I agree with everything you just said. Lack of speed in the secondary was very obvious. Gave up way too many big plays Friday.

At the end of the first qtr I was thinking Peabody had gotten rocked a couple of times (especially on the punt returns for tds) and was starting to shy away from contact.

It was clear there was talent on trentons team. Just young and needs to grow up quick. Friday will be a good opportunity for them to gain some confidence.

Scratching my head coming into this game. First, how in the world does Middleton (a team that has about 49 players) lose to a team that has a total of 14 players in Rossville Christian? It's not just that, but they lost by a total of 23 points... That has to be the most disappointing lost in week 1 so far.

Peabody came into the Milan game as underdogs, but wasn't expecting that big of a loss. However, Peabody has the coaching to get those boys better week by week. And I'm guessing that the coaches at Peabody can careless about their record as long as those boys are rolling into playoff. They got a little over 2 months to improve, which is a lot of time. What makes it better is again, their coaches. 

Needless to say.

Peabody 56 

Middleton 7

Scratching my head coming into this game. First, how in the world does Middleton (a team that has about 49 players) lose to a team that has a total of 14 players in Rossville Christian? It's not just that, but they lost by a total of 23 points... That has to be the most disappointing lost in week 1 so far.

Peabody came into the Milan game as underdogs, but wasn't expecting that big of a loss. However, Peabody has the coaching to get those boys better week by week. And I'm guessing that the coaches at Peabody can careless about their record as long as those boys are rolling into playoff. They got a little over 2 months to improve, which is a lot of time. What makes it better is again, their coaches. 

Needless to say.

Peabody 56 

Middleton 7

I agree....this will be a dial-a-score game for Trenton...perfect opponent for Peabody after the Milan disaster....they will get better....losing 23 seniors from last year is gonna take time to overcome.....