Metro Rankings

bleacher

Bigger 5A, 6A schools have zero benefits when it comes to playing a 3A school. Some times its more than just the game. Bigger gates is one example of that. If Pearl wants to play all those schools why don't they just bump up in classification?

Read some of the post earlier. FBGIRL explained it especially when it comes to Metro and Mid State schools. You said bump up 4a and they could and would use the same excuse. Edited by FBfan26

Its going to be hard for PC to get a game against 5A, 6A, and D2 in Middle TN. It's too many 5A, 6A, and D2 teams there to play against each other. Like dude said, the larger schools don't benefit if they play PC. Win or lose.

It's different in Memphis. There aren't as many 5A, 6A, or D2 schools, so lower classification teams play against the big boys all of the time, because the larger schools have to fill out a complete schedule. They need games. It NOT like that in Middle TN. There are enough good and bad 5A, 6A, and D2 teams, that they can schedule each other and not play a lower classification school.

The larger schools don't have an incentive to play you guys. You guys may have to travel to Memphis, Chattanooga, or Knoxville to get a game against a good 5A, 6A, or D2 team. I can't speak for Chatt ot Knoxville ... but why not give Memphis a try? What do you have to lose at this point? I know the Memphis large schools will be looking for games.

Edited by kwc

Its going to be hard for PC to get a game against 5A, 6A, and D2 in Middle TN. It's too many 5A, 6A, and D2 teams there to play against each other. Like dude said, the larger schools don't benefit if they play PC. Win or lose.

It's different in Memphis. There aren't as many 5A, 6A, or D2 schools, so lower classification teams play against the big boys all of the time, because the larger schools have to fill out a complete schedule. They need games. It NOT like that in Middle TN. There are enough good and bad 5A, 6A, and D2 teams, that they can schedule each other and not play a lower classification school.

The larger schools don't have an incentive to play you guys. You guys may have to travel to Memphis, Chattanooga, or Knoxville to get a game against a good 5A, 6A, or D2 team. I can't speak for Chatt ot Knoxville ... but why not give Memphis a try? What do you have to lose at this point? I know the Memphis large schools will be looking for games.

WE play 5a,6a and D2 schools every year...What's the difference these up coming year? We always been a 3a,4a team playing up on our schedule

Its going to be hard for PC to get a game against 5A, 6A, and D2 in Middle TN. It's too many 5A, 6A, and D2 teams there to play against each other. Like dud said, the ###### schools don't benefit if they play PC. Win or lose.

They larger schools don't have an incentive to play you guys. You guys may have to travel to Memphis, Chattanooga, or Knoxville to get a game against a good 5A, 6A, or D2 team. I can't speak for Chatt ot Knoxville ... but why not give Memphis a try?

We might try liberty again. I get what you saying but his reason was money and PC has a fanbase.