Metro Rankings

bleacher

On 8/1/2021 at 9:34 PM, howdoitknow said:

Pearl-Cohn

Cane Ridge

Hillsboro

East Nashville 

Stratford 

That list of 5 is pretty good and those teams will all have good seasons one would have to believe.  

I feel like Whites Creek is a mystery and could really make a jump and be a player in 2A.  I remember in 1997 when Whites Creek dropped from 5A to 4A and in year two (1998) they were playing in the State Championship Game.  Perhaps the drop to 2A could yield a similar result.  

McGavock, Hunters Lane, Maplewood, Overton, Hillwood, Antioch, Glencliff are all teams that will look to be improved this year and several of them are under the direction of new coaching staffs.  

I heard the Burros was giving it to the ravens.

25 minutes ago, eers said:

Seems things are back to normal. Pearl will be good and JP2 will again be the whipping boy… lol

With JP2 adding a 6th, 7th and 8th grade this school year if done correctly it will only be a matter of time before they are no longer on the bottom looking up.  Having a middle school should really assist them in being able to be competitive with all of the other D2AAA schools.  Unless something changes it appears as if Father Ryan will be on the outside looking in unless they make the decision to add a middle school.

2 minutes ago, cbg said:

With JP2 adding a 6th, 7th and 8th grade this school year if done correctly it will only be a matter of time before they are no longer on the bottom looking up.  Having a middle school should really assist them in being able to be competitive with all of the other D2AAA schools.  Unless something changes it appears as if Father Ryan will be on the outside looking in unless they make the decision to add a middle school.

I don’t see how they will be successful to be honest. They only pull a few good athletes per year from Sumner County and until you have a better program than the county schools (namely Beech, Hendersonville, and Gallatin) it’s really kinda silly to go for athletic purposes. I would say year in and year out both Beech and Hendersonville are both better in every major sport. It will be the same kids going, just a few years sooner. I don’t think it will make that big of a difference. It’s a catholic school in an area that is predominantly non-Catholic. 

9 minutes ago, eers said:

I don’t see how they will be successful to be honest. They only pull a few good athletes per year from Sumner County and until you have a better program than the county schools (namely Beech, Hendersonville, and Gallatin) it’s really kinda silly to go for athletic purposes. I would say year in and year out both Beech and Hendersonville are both better in every major sport. It will be the same kids going, just a few years sooner. I don’t think it will make that big of a difference. It’s a catholic school in an area that is predominantly non-Catholic. 

JP2 has a good QB so they’ll be in most games. He got hurt in the 2nd quarter against us..