Metro Rankings

bleacher

You raise the academic standards and you will have even more kids ineligible to play, initially.

It has been dumbed down so far at this point that it would shock most people outside of the education world and yet failure rate continues to climb. It has been proven that setting the bar as low as possible is not the answer. Instead raise the bar back up and understand that for awhile kids will struggle with it.

Unfortunately it is not PC to have kids struggle academically these days. Everybody wants to point the finger of blame. But like the old saying goes when you point your finger at someone there are 4 just like it pointing back at you. Bring back some rigor and let the kids meet some standards.

• 2 months later...

After seeing some footage and talking to a few people yesterday I think Overton will have the best QB in metro Nashville this upcoming season. The kid can slang the ball. My Eagles looked pretty good on defense. Offense made some plays also. Hillsboro will looks different without the graduating QB but they are still long and Athletic. Hunters Lane made plays but they need to tackle the weight room. 

3 hours ago, EastNasty said:

After seeing some footage and talking to a few people yesterday I think Overton will have the best QB in metro Nashville this upcoming season. The kid can slang the ball. My Eagles looked pretty good on defense. Offense made some plays also. Hillsboro will looks different without the graduating QB but they are still long and Athletic. Hunters Lane made plays but they need to tackle the weight room. 

7 on 7 is not football but nice recruiting job coach broome. Couldn't start at Nolensville but best in metro? Kid hasn't moved either , but stupid people including your new coach and admin think if I have a condo on harding place all is well.  Also so much for coaching your own players being the answer when you have to go find some. I am sure players at Overton feel validated with their talents especially last years starter at QB. 

Edited by hardtackle

2 hours ago, hardtackle said:

7 on 7 is not football but nice recruiting job coach broome. Couldn't start at Nolensville but best in metro? Kid hasn't moved either , but stupid people including your new coach and admin think if I have a condo on harding place all is well.  Also so much for coaching your own players being the answer when you have to go find some. I am sure players at Overton feel validated with their talents especially last years starter at QB. 

Not a Overton fan nor am familiar with the story. I’m just stating on what I seen and heard. Get out your feelings

35 minutes ago, EastNasty said:

Not a Overton fan nor am familiar with the story. I’m just stating on what I seen and heard. Get out your feelings

I am just tired of these coaches who have to go get players from other schools. if they were so dang good at coaching as people say this would not be happening. If overton wins this fall it will not be coaching, it will be a new player out of county

16 hours ago, hardtackle said:

I am just tired of these coaches who have to go get players from other schools. if they were so dang good at coaching as people say this would not be happening. If overton wins this fall it will not be coaching, it will be a new player out of county

You said it was the coaches? Maybe it was the parents? Do you have a problem with the new coaches? You said the kid didn’t win the starting job at his other school so he choose another school. Sounds like most kids to me now a days. Blame the parents and Society.

• Upvote 1

16 hours ago, hardtackle said:

Haven’t seen you on the boards talking about the other kids transferring to different schools. Is it cause he’s in Nashville? Hard to believe if this kid transferred to a surrounding county school you would have a problem.

23 hours ago, EastNasty said:

I don’t think the other 9 schools started 7on7 yet. This is a bold statement.

On 4/12/2021 at 2:23 PM, BennyBones said:

This is a little bit of a stretch, and not always true. Clayton left Franklin to take the Hillsboro job and went to the state within 2 years of being there.  Jay Gore was at Brentwood for some time before going to McGavock. I think opportunity is there from both outside MNPS and from within to hire quality coaches. 

The issue is the academic part someone mentioned a few posts prior. MNPS ranks exceptionally low in comparison to other counties across multiple academic levels (reading comprehension, test scores, etc).  Raise the academic level in the district, and in turn raise the athletic level as well.  Why? Because more Metro-Davidson families will choose to send their kids to their local school, instead of a private/charter school.  

And don’t forget, Riverdale hired Coach A from Hillsboro. 

2 hours ago, DLopez said:

Coach A left Hillsboro for Riverdale, then the Boro brought in Blade.

True. What I was alluding to was an earlier post where it was said that no Rutherford Co. school would ever hire a Metro coach. Somebody else (Oak Ridge??) hired a Metro Coach when they hired Blade. 

13 hours ago, EastNasty said:

You said it was the coaches? Maybe it was the parents? Do you have a problem with the new coaches? You said the kid didn’t win the starting job at his other school so he choose another school. Sounds like most kids to me now a days. Blame the parents and Society.

I can't believe I am saying this but I agree with you. Can't cut it just go somewhere else. NCAA transfer portal mentality trickling down. Sad what it has become. 

Are there coaches out there recruiting kids illegally? Absolutely. Are there parents shopping their kids around like they are a modern day Huggy Bear pimp? Unfortunately just as many.