TCA vs USJ

Intense

Lots of injured players on both sides. I think this is a close one. Lions are running the ball extremely well. USJ will load the box and TCA will have to make a few pass completions or it could be a long night. Can't let it come down to a FG because USJ wins that one with their D1 kicker. Both teams are in a slight rebuild year. TCA 28 USJ 21. Go Lions!

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Intense has the game called right except for the outcome hopefully. I watched TCA/St George and the Lions ran the ball really well until the QB went out. But for Hayden you guys were playing at the same pace if not better than the other team. Rivalry games are always hard to predict and both teams will be fired up because they have to look at each other at church on Sunday or maybe at Sonic. This could be a depth game as I think it's supposed to be hot again. 28-21 USJ wins with special teams being a factor.

TCA/USJ out west and Liberty/NS up north...jackson is gona be rocking friday night

yea....Northside might have "10's" of fans in the stands for this one....so sad the lack of parental support Northside has gotten since consolidation...don't blame Tab for leaving....

Edited by cofo

I plan to be in Cookeville to watch your Liberty boys! Amazingly impressive athletes!

Tons of pressure this season...we shall see how these boys hold up

I'll give us a thanksgiving game for sure...that's plenty of time to culture a solid offensive line and make a push for Alcoa

...and thanks, good luck to your lions...tons of tradition to uphold...they looked solid from what I heard

Knock down, drag out dog fight Friday night over at the lions den

Edited by dhstennis

yea....Northside might have "10's" of fans in the stands for this one....so sad the lack of parental support Northside has gotten since consolidation...don't blame Tab for leaving....

I agree 100%. I was at Murfreesboro for the North Side/Oakland game and there was hardly anybody was there supporting North Side. In years past, parents did not do a good job supporting their sons high school football team. There was a few more reasons why Tab left as well. One of them was the fact that Principal Bridgeman hired an assistant from Memphis-Ridgeway and basically fired Joe Davis (long time football coach) without Coach Vowell's consent. That assistant and Principal Bridgeman were fraternity brothers while they were in college. Parents were lazy and didn't support their kids. Didn't show up to booster club meetings. Didn't take pride. I hope this is a county thing and not just a problem with North Side. All they really had going was the Lasley family, who all of their kids went through North Side. When their oldest son, Neal, who graduated in 2015, left North Side, the program went downhill really fast. There was no support at all when Tab Vowell was there and he got burned out!

In terms of on the field, I know Oakland is the #2 team in 6A and will have an ESPNU game on Friday will Hillsboro. The Patriots only had like 15 more players than North Side does. North Side's has speed, but no strength. Their lineman is not big compared to what they had a few years ago, and it is showing. Oakland virtually beat them because they were way much bigger and stronger. Also, they had a few players that can match NS' speed.

And North Side is not a young team at all. Got bored Saturday and counted their roster. From grades 10-12, they have about 65 players. Out of those 65 players, 29 of them are seniors. Unless Coach Nickey can do his thing and find a way to re-energize that program, North Side will gradually go downhill.

Prediction: Liberty 34 North Side 17.

The USJ/TCA game. It'll be close, but I do think special teams will lift the Bruins on top. Campbell will hit make a field goal somewhere in that game, which will be enough.

Prediction: USJ 31 TCA 21.

Goodluck to the Bruins, Lions, and Crusaders!