South Pittsburg vs Marion (Grider against that Mathis man)

Roy Dillard

He was kicked out for threatening at teacher and administrator with violence a couple weeks ago in class, after he had been arrested this past spring for bound and gagging a elder woman and robbing her at gunpoint in her home. Which before that was found to have burglarized a car in Scottsboro from which the gun came from to rob the lady. Which before that he was found in Arkansas as a runaway. Again, its all over the news along with the mug shots. Just use your GOOGLE. 

But lets give him a "2nd Chance". As long as he is with your kids and your teachers, not mine.

Thanks 5th, I was worried it was something really bad.  Kids will be kids.  This may not only wipe spray-gate from memory but also sweep them Owls from Chattanooga out of the headlines.

Edited by rikberry

There is a reason that NJ is loosing players LOL! btw who would want to go there when two have already transfered to sp from that place! Little birdy said it ain't what it use to be! :roflol:  I also think you guys might have gotten one as well if i'm not mistaking even if he was from jasper you still got a NJ transfer last year that was undoubtedly the best players in the area!  

LOL!! If you want to consider that a transfer for Marion County then so be it!!

I'm sure your just concerned with all the young people's well-being. Your compassion is really touching. I see a 30 for 30 in the future.  At first by your original post I thought you were concerned only about football, but after I re-read your original post I realized that you are really close to this young man and have only the purest motives.

Let's see your stance here. What do you do in that situation as administration? Do you tell a 16-year-old kid sorry man you messed up no education you don't have a future anymore? I thought as adults we are supposed to lead and guide our youth to learn from those mistakes? Wouldn't that be awesome if the kid turned around and got an education and made something of himself instead of drifting off down a dark path? I'm just curious would you really cut some down at 16 years old when they come seeking opportunity?

Edited by LethalAttack

Again, its all over the news along with the mug shots. Just use your GOOGLE.

But lets give him a "2nd Chance". As long as he is with your kids and your teachers, not mine.

Kinfolk if all that is 100% true (which its not) then he won't last long at SP either. Probably won't even last long enough to play Marion so you ain't got nothing to worry about Kinfolk. I'm just keeping it real

Kinfolk if all that is 100% true (which its not) then he won't last long at SP either. Probably won't even last long enough to play Marion so you ain't got nothing to worry about Kinfolk. I'm just keeping it real

I agree with Mr. Biggums. Let every team worry about themselves and everything will be alright. Nothing to be in a tizzy. Now, like Ambassador said when this cat from the Bayou is available....hello

Let's see your stance here. What do you do in that situation as administration? Do you tell a 16-year-old kid sorry man you messed up no education you don't have a future anymore? I thought as adults we are supposed to lead and guide our youth to learn from those mistakes? Wouldn't that be awesome if the kid turned around and got an education and made something of himself instead of drifting off down a dark path? I'm just curious would you really cut some down at 16 years old when they come seeking opportunity?

Do you think that maybe, just maybe taking away the things that are the most important to him would be a valuable way to teach him a lesson between right and wrong. Just a thought....

Definately not take away his education opportunities!!

Do you think that maybe, just maybe taking away the things that are the most important to him would be a valuable way to teach him a lesson between right and wrong. Just a thought....

If he was a student at SP when this stuff all happened he wouldn't be playing football. Kids move all the time looking for a clean slate. That's what people do. Until the kid is proven guilty. I'm going to hold judgement.

Guest Lightsout44

There is more to the story for sure. If they removed him only because he is charged with a crime then shame on them. I don't believe much on this site. Only time will tell!

To change gears a little.... How does adding a player in the middle of the season affect team chemistry? If I had worked to earn a spot on the team and 2 games into the season a player is picked up and takes my spot, it would be really hard not to be a little resentful. I would consider myself to be a complete team player but that would be a very difficult position to put into....

Thoughts[/quot

Very good points! I for one would not like a situation such as this one if I were the kid having to share time! Like you said you earn a spot, it should never be given. Especially with circumstances such as this.

If he was a student at SP when this stuff all happened he wouldn't be playing football. Kids move all the time looking for a clean slate. That's what people do. Until the kid is proven guilty. I'm going to hold judgement.

Playing football?? I hope our administration would do the same and remove him completely. So you should be able to threaten a teacher and an administrator and go down the road 10 miles and get a clean slate?? All the other incidents should endure the proper processes in place but to say you are entitled a clean slate is naïve! And I would never question the "Captains" ability to direct his ship! Just giving my thoughts about the situation from a players perspective.

"Answer oneyewilly's question". You know the one. In this case made to take something then willfully gave it back. Was a lesson learned? Yep, you Jasper fellers have turned blind eyes and condoned misconduct