District 9-AA 2016-2017

essencOFtruth

Hello Friends...........

Preppy- Pretty sure the Devils force more turnovers then any other team so idea of giving up baskets to create tempo----NOT TRUTH they aren't chino hills hahaha......

No other teams have "stopped" their tempo or made it a slower tempo, and that is on them.

Are you sure??

Springfield from just 2 weeks ago says hi - By what? 30 points @WH 

Harpeth says hey, twice

Heritage said wsup early and late in the season.

Even Sycamore waved at them just 3 weeks ago

White House could win the tourney. Absolutely... and they've played good ball in  the last week or 2, but please don't feed the trolls. The better teams have absolutely slowed WH down... TRUTH

If you mean slowed down by beating them then yes .... of course they lost some of those games .... hahaha

But the statement was "pace" and give up buckets on purpose to score points , which is not TRUTH .....

Sycamore - fast paced game , both heritage games fast paced game , Springfield game fast paced game , harpeth game low scoring but saw on their public feed- White House stalled to take referees out of game.....

And do games before the last two weeks really matter in basketball ?? It's how you finish , and play in the tournament not in November, December, and January ... ..... TRUTH ....

Favorite time of year everybody thinks they know all the teams . Any team in this district can win this tournament . There are two logistical choices that have a CHANCE to win a region game . The two White House teams . Heritage cause their seniors and size and patience. Devils cause they can get hot from 3 and that can be the equalizer. Devils have to get by sycamore first . 45 turnovers in two games . They have fixed that problem last 6 games being under 10 twice and most 16 . Finally started practicing in only one gym and now they shootung 40% from 3 . When they shoot 40 from 3 and turnover less than 15 hard for any of those teams to stay close . Good luck to everybody hope for an all White House final .

Hello Friends...........

The TRUTH has been absent awhile, because now is when Basketball actually begins!!!

Now for The Tournament

Anyone can beat anyone --- TRUTH

The Cubs are finally Healthy ---TRUTH

Wednesday - 2) Harpeth vs 7) Cheatham - Cheatham not a true 7 seed. Upset ALERT....TRUTH....

Cheatham wins in a close battle

TRUTH

Well something for the rest of the district to take note of after tonight..... Cheatham (7 seed) gets the win over (2 seed) Harpeth. Sending the West Cheatham boys Home to knock the dirt out of their baseball cleats.

"YOU ARE NOT SAFE" Let me repeat, YOU ARE NOT SAFE.  Don't bring that weak s#!+ in here and expect to win on your good looks, your regular season record, your stats from this season or your latest win streak.

Mostly ugly game tonight. Harpeth missing many many layups in the 1st AND 2nd quarters that could have had them up quite a bit early. But the misses and no rebounding had Cheatham right back down the court with points of their own.  You could tell early that the pressure of the game had both of the teams uptight (bad passes, turnovers, missed easy baskets)  Both teams at the end of the night had ample opportunity to take a command of the game but just did not do it.  No quit attitude by Cheatham was evident and they did not go away. Two big 3s late in the game by Cheatham #4 at the top of the Arc were HUGE.  Taking away any momentum that Harpeth had. Cheatham sunk the free throws in the end and sunk any thoughts that Harpeth had of winning this District tournament.

Next :  White House vs Sycamore..........as Cleggy said earlier "let the drama unfold" 

Ok two games tonight girls and boys . Going with heritage girls over greenbrier for the third time , 51-28 .

Now for the boys game Sycsnore at White House . First meeting at White House 69-61 Devils . Second meeting 72/63 sycamore . . Have a feeling on tonight's game . Devils have been way more efficient of late and finally shooting the ball . They look to have found the chemistry . Sycsnore will try to pressure then like community . Which might just be a mistake , point guard 13 turnovers in first two meetings . Has really grown up and values the ball now . Look for a high scoring affair . Devils pull away in the third winning 105-74

Well something for the rest of the district to take note of after tonight..... Cheatham (7 seed) gets the win over (2 seed) Harpeth. Sending the West Cheatham boys Home to knock the dirt out of their baseball cleats.

"YOU ARE NOT SAFE" Let me repeat, YOU ARE NOT SAFE.  Don't bring that weak s#!+ in here and expect to win on your good looks, your regular season record, your stats from this season or your latest win streak.

Mostly ugly game tonight. Harpeth missing many many layups in the 1st AND 2nd quarters that could have had them up quite a bit early. But the misses and no rebounding had Cheatham right back down the court with points of their own.  You could tell early that the pressure of the game had both of the teams uptight (bad passes, turnovers, missed easy baskets)  Both teams at the end of the night had ample opportunity to take a command of the game but just did not do it.  No quit attitude by Cheatham was evident and they did not go away. Two big 3s late in the game by Cheatham #4 at the top of the Arc were HUGE.  Taking away any momentum that Harpeth had. Cheatham sunk the free throws in the end and sunk any thoughts that Harpeth had of winning this District tournament.

Next :  White House vs Sycamore..........as Cleggy said earlier "let the drama unfold" 

South Cheatham Delmar.  Below the Cumberland River.   River Rats?  West Cheatham kids go to Cheatham.  Truth.

Edited by ksgovols

HA...love the o'brother reference....I had actually put South Cheatham and deleted south to put west.  Was unsure. But got ya, now I know.

Sycamore gave White House all they wanted but came up short 80-79 final.  Great hard fought battle. Good shooting and teamwork by both teams, every time WH would pull ahead by 8 or 10 Sycamore would pull it right back in with either a steal and easy layup or stroke a 3.  Very gritty game. Proud of WH keeping their cool after sycamore made a run with 1:00 min or so to go. Coach Welch stepping up to the plate and getting a stellar win. Congrats.

Next: Westmoreland vs Greenbrier.........Let the drama unfold.

The White House/ Sycamore game, was a good game.

I believe sycamore never had the lead in this ball game. Sycamore hit some threes early to keep the devils from getting away from them. And that is kind of how the game went devils be up 10 sycamore cut it to 4 devils go back up by 10 and so on.

The referees did seem to swallow their whistle some in the second half that prob played a factor in Sycamore staying in game as they were running pressure, deny, trapping man, while the devils stayed in their 1-3-1 and the foul count was up to 10 fouls for WH and 2 for sycamore at one point.

The devils did seem to falter a little at the end of the game, good thing their assistant coach (welch) who was the head coach last night as I heard the head coach is sick with the flu had many time outs left for the end of the game.....Tough game to be your first "head coaching " job , but the devils got the win and congratulations to him as he is a TRUE White House person...

Ward really playing well of late 35 monday , 27 last night.... The name of tournament basketball is survive and advance at times, Happy for the devils as they continue on their winning streak now has reached 7. I looked back through the schedules here on coach T and last time 7 game winning streak happened was 2010 .......

Good luck to westmoreland and greenbrier tonight..... Something tells me greenbrier going to win , but never know !!

See everyone on saturday , where lets be honest everyone around here wants the two white hosue teams to win to see the ALL WHITE HOUSE final in White House, lol.....

First Games of The Tournament tonight !!!

Boys game is 2) Harpeth vs. 7) Cheatham

I am still an experience type person when it comes to tournament time. The cubs even though finished the 7 seed have had injuries and suspensions pretty much all year missing their best players. They won the championship last year, I know they lost a few seniors, and very good seniors at that. But just playing in that game , coaching that far over and over I just feel is going to pay off for the Cubs tonight. 

Harpeth has a new coach, and i saw they only beat Cheatham by 1 last time they played, and the cubs were missing their two best players.

I think this game will be a great, wild one to open up the district tournament.

My hunch is the cubs going to come ready to play and give harpeth all they want tonight. I got cheatham "upsetting" harpeth 56-50 tonight......

Good luck to both teams !!

nice call on that one.

Petrone has loosened his stoic grip on this team a little this year and you see from their record that they are comfortable getting out and running with anyone.  That could help them next week as they encounter another level of athletes in the Regional tournament.  But for this one, the District, you will see them win by defensive rebounding and getting out and going.  If they don't have a high percentage lay up attempt, they have pulled it out and run Petrone's attack offense.  You saw it in both of their victories over White House.  Easy drives, slicing through that leaky zone, and making hardly challenged lay ups.  If Upton gets hot, watch out.  If the Patriots go down it will be because of foul trouble and missed FT's.  TRUTH. haha.  I really don't see that happening. 

Shout out to Johnny Showtime on the 10 for 10 network (FB) for streaming awesome broadcasts.  BDP to you bud.