District 9-AA 2016-2017

essencOFtruth

Can't call this statement TRUTH- lets just look at a few things from last year.........

I would say most agree that Maplewood and Whites Creek the best two teams---TRUTH

Most would agree that White House is going to be one of the top 2 teams this year in 9-AA.....TRUTH

Last Year- Maple wood 55 White House 49-------Would say White House will be Much better then last year, and Maplewood will be equal or not that much better if we keep it TRUE.

----Actually saw this game Whites creek 66 White House 50 --at the Beech Christmas Tournament. White House was actually leading or one possession away in this game until few minutes left in 3rd and on into 4th quarter.------

Whites Creek did lose some upper classmen guards and shooters, but Rout only going to get better and better and that was seen in his AAu season this year. He is my AA Mr. basketball this year.

So looking at those TRUTHS i would have to say "irrelevant" and "can't" beat or "no chance" just shows false understanding of the game of basketball - Considering 12, 13, 14, 15 seeds win in NCAA tournament every year......

District 9AA is full of 16 seeds, which has never beaten a 1 seed.

The White House philosophy of run and gun is a high stakes proposition especially against the more athletic teams from 10AA.  There is a train of thought that the way to beat a team is to play the way they do.  If this philosophy holds true, then White House is the team from 9AA that could pull off the upset come Regions.  Could they do it more than once?  I doubt it.  Perhaps a team like Heritage could be dangerous.  They will have the size to compete, but the question with them has always been, in my opinion, is do they have the confidence?  I think they will be a surprise.  10AA will discount them even before the tip off and this may play into the Patriots hands. 

Most 10AA teams discount 9AA ., their pressure beats 9AA every year . I am a firm believer you beat pressure with pressure . You can try to zone 10AA but it's hard to rebound out of zones . If you could ever Zone rebound and handle their pressure and play half court then you have a chance . Not sure any 9AA team can do that . Why I say White House can run push shoot before they turn it over had the best chance . They can also press . Just scrimmaged hillwood and pressed them and turned them over . Opened on a 11-0 run and hung on and won by 9 . First time winning that scrimmage in 5 years .

So the Season Begins Next Week !!!

Lets Look at this District and their games next week.... Any predictions???

Westmoreland- Hendersonville on Thursday

• Interesting to see if the new coach changes anything. Losing 6 seniors not a lot of experience I got Hendersonville in this game

White House- Plays Hume-Fogg, Pope John Paul, and MLK 

• White House can definitely shoot the basketball...TRUTH... will they live or die by it is the question. I have them 2-1 and they probably should be happy about it.

Greenbrier- Plays Murfreesburro Central

• I predict will be a better team. Know nothing about who they are playing lets give greenbrier a win !

White House-Heritage- Plays Jo byrns and Portland

• One would think they should win both of these games. I did see Jo byrns this summer and could give the patriots problems if overlooked.
  • Portland-new coach-young players its  a mystery...TRUTH
  • Heritage will be 1-1

Sycamore- Goodpasture and Montgomery Central

• Know nothing about Montgomery Central , Goodpasture will be a very solid 1A team this year.
  • Sycamore 0-2

Cheatham- Creekwood

• Toss up game. Creekwood as cheatham have lost a lot of talen lately. Should be a great game.. Might have to go check this one out for myself 

Harpeth- Whites Creek and Father Ryan

• Will be interested to see what harpeth looks like this year with their new coach. Could be a hit or miss.
  • Just feel whites creek will be too athletic, and Father Ryan just a better basketball team.
  • Harpeth 0-2

Good Luck to all teams to start their season !! Looking forward to a great season in 9-AA .. Pulling for a couple of these teams to surprise some people early and late this year !!

What 9AA team could beat any of the top 5 in 10AA?

I would half agree that the top 3 teams in that district are VERY strong (Maplewood, Whites Creek, East Literature) but going with MLK, Hume-Fogg, and Pearl Cohn I think can be beaten on any given night. A lot can happen in a game: great shooting versus poor shooting, foul trouble, injuries, etc. so it is just biased and foolish to generally think along the lines that they are just that much better. 

I predicted last year white house would have a young team playing for the ship. Guess i was right.  With that being said congrats to CC on the last 3 year on champs of the district.  Hope y'all represent and go far this post season... enjoy it cause its over.  White House will now run things again.  Ill say they will take 3 straight championships now.  Hopefully Tyler Welch will get the reins next year.  Freshman Jared Ward matured a lot this year.  White House loses one important player in luke hopkins.  They will replace him with a stud so its all good.  Good luck to all in the region!!      

THIS POST WAS FROM FEB. 2016. Just thought id leave it here for you all to see.  WHITE HOUSE IS BACK!! Welch hasn't fully takin over yet but pretty much is running things... Ward dropped 25 first game... Great height on this team.  A senior leader thats capable of dropping 25-30 at any time.  Lots of shooters will play fast and are very deep.  Excited for White House this year...