District 9-AA 2016-2017

essencOFtruth

So the Season Begins Next Week !!!

Lets Look at this District and their games next week.... Any predictions???

Westmoreland- Hendersonville on Thursday

• Interesting to see if the new coach changes anything. Losing 6 seniors not a lot of experience I got Hendersonville in this game

White House- Plays Hume-Fogg, Pope John Paul, and MLK 

• White House can definitely shoot the basketball...TRUTH... will they live or die by it is the question. I have them 2-1 and they probably should be happy about it.

Greenbrier- Plays Murfreesburro Central

• I predict will be a better team. Know nothing about who they are playing lets give greenbrier a win !

White House-Heritage- Plays Jo byrns and Portland

• One would think they should win both of these games. I did see Jo byrns this summer and could give the patriots problems if overlooked.
  • Portland-new coach-young players its  a mystery...TRUTH
  • Heritage will be 1-1

Sycamore- Goodpasture and Montgomery Central

• Know nothing about Montgomery Central , Goodpasture will be a very solid 1A team this year.
  • Sycamore 0-2

Cheatham- Creekwood

• Toss up game. Creekwood as cheatham have lost a lot of talen lately. Should be a great game.. Might have to go check this one out for myself 

Harpeth- Whites Creek and Father Ryan

• Will be interested to see what harpeth looks like this year with their new coach. Could be a hit or miss.
  • Just feel whites creek will be too athletic, and Father Ryan just a better basketball team.
  • Harpeth 0-2

Good Luck to all teams to start their season !! Looking forward to a great season in 9-AA .. Pulling for a couple of these teams to surprise some people early and late this year !!

essencoftruth...any Idea how you did on your predictions? I have not researched the games much, not all were in the paper. I know Heritage went 2-0. White House beat Hume fogg. goodpasture beat sycamore

Newblue

Westmoreland lost in overtime to Hendersonville

Greenbrier with the victory

White House was 1-2 ... pope won by 20 , lost to MLK 74-60 , did see that was closer then that for most the game ... but 1 miss ....

Heritage - as you said 2-0 but both big blowout wins! Could they finally be figuring it out that they have talent and players just use it correctly .... back to my TRUTH. Above heard Portland playing 3 freshmen so bad miss by me (2)

Sycamore 0-2 ;)

Cheatham - glad I didn't go heard it was a blow out for creek wood over cheatham

Harpeth - 0-2 - blow out against whites creek , close game against father Ryan ...

So missed 2 and both the White House teams .... should have not been looking for an upset and just went with TRUTH ... but for HOF games I will take a 8-2 guess could be 7-3 since creek wood cheatham was NOT a toss up, but anywho a pretty decent HOF games prediction record - TRUTH .....GOOD luck to all next week ...

Edited by essencOFtruth

Creekwood is definitely better than expected, #22 is a stud and they hit a lot of 3's, but Cheatham had some major injuries in this game. Their best player looked to have broken his wrist on the second or third play of the game. Another starter landed on his head and was out with what looked like a concussion. The Harlan kid didn't play hardly at all and when I asked why I was told that he didn't practice all week with strep throat. After all that happened they seemed to just lose steam and basically mailed it in. Played their deep bench basically the whole second half and Creekwood kept their starters in and pressed until about 4 minutes left in the fourth. Just one of those crazy games. Definitely not indicative of how I would expect them to play the rest of the year. Watched them at Fairview on Tuesday and they looked pretty good. If the injuries are bad though it could be a very long year for Cheatham. 

How did White House lose to East Robertson? 

What happened there? After watching the Blue Devils on Saturday I thought they would handle East Robertson very handily.

I was wondering the same thing.....maybe a revenge factor for East Rob. East took a 40 point drubbing the last time those two teams played.  

Honestly White House not as good as everybody thought .at least it's early . They play a tough schedule early . Two more AAA teams before heritage . Actually one is maplewood basically a AAA team but they are AA the team with whites creek that district has to go thru to go anywhere . I think by the end of the season they wil be ok