2017 Enrollment Numbers and Classifications

MountainTroll

I have not really looked at regions yet. Don't be surprised if some private schools attempt to stay Division I, and we'd be right back at the same mess.

They are going to have to change the way they do business in order to stay. I saw in the Knox paper that 18 of 24 privates do things that are not allowed in D1.

Something for you to ponder Indian

Libertys lone feeder school has 64 8th graders, while North sides has over 260...plus they get the athletes from "early college high" with no penalty...

So in my guesstimation liberty will be playing up next year with a 3a pop. While North side will continue to reap the rewards of Madison County school boards underhanded favoritism...

South side has 2 feeders but I don't have their 8th grade pop.

DHS, does North Side also get the kids from Madison if they want to play football?

630 announced enrollment for Signal. Thought they'd be packed in by now not losing 70.

I'd be interested to see the numbers by grade and the elementary and middle school numbers.

Since they stopped running the buses from Howard, the high school numbers have dropped every year as those kids graduated. At the peak, I think those kids accounted for about 100 of our high school enrollment. The number of kids leaving the Mountain for the privates after 5th grade may have gone back up a little as we get further out  from the housing crash of 2008. The HCDE circus don't help much either. I would still like to see Signal/Walden break out as an independent municipal school district. :ph34r:

They are currently expanding one of the elementary schools. New home construction is booming up here, and it looks like most families moving in have elementary age kids. The Middle School also seems to be crowded.

At our current enrollment, I suspect we will be in the middle or lower third of Class AAA for football, but I expect the enrollment numbers for the high school will start rising again next year.