District 4-A 2016-2017

VFL44

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No...if they were OD kids, they would be at OD. They are not, so they are NOT OD's kids.

If kid X goes to elementary school Y...it's not a LIFE SENTENCE. People do not have to live in the same place forever. One of those kids went there in 5th grade...he's a junior, goodness,6 years ago...A school does not own/control a family's decisions forever. The other moved this year...so be it. I noticed one from CF at another school back in the fall... he/she moved away...that's it...it's over.

They are Oakdale kids but one moved to Coalfield this year the other went to Coalfield back in Middle school so no use in calling him an Oakdale kid no more.. but regardless Oakdale won & Oakdale has been Harrimans toughest competition this season because of the matchup I could see oakdale winning region.. Coalfields a great team they just don't matchup against oakdale well due to Maverick Smiths versatility in the post

They are Oakdale kids but one moved to Coalfield this year the other went to Coalfield back in Middle school so no use in calling him an Oakdale kid no more.. but regardless Oakdale won & Oakdale has been Harrimans toughest competition this season because of the matchup I could see oakdale winning region.. Coalfields a great team they just don't matchup against oakdale well due to Maverick Smiths versatility in the post

OD has near zero chance in region. They are just a decent single A team...that's it. GCA and Hman are 20+ better than them on most days. Ask WB about their trip to harriman.

Now what would be ironic is if OD won with this team after stinking it up last year in region with a much better team. Last year was likely their chance to get out of region and they played poorly against a good GCA team and got beat soundly. This team is decidedly weaker than last year. GCA and Hman are better this yr.... Hman is much better than last year. 

Cah09 oakdale played Harriman & fell by 2 points when Harriman was healthy please tell me how they have no shot?

It was early in the year. Harriman only beat WB by 4 earlier in the year also but you saw what they did to them Tuesday night. Harriman was in the same boat as coalfield in most of their top players also played football. Once they've got into basketball shape they've been rolling. Edited by TheMan2015

Cah09 oakdale played Harriman & fell by 2 points when Harriman was healthy please tell me how they have no shot?

Football takes a good month to get over and get together.  We'll see about them soon...they play kingston twice, GCA twice and meigs again. I had my doubts early on..after seeing them...they're better than they have been last few yrs...a good bit better.

Not saying OD has NO chance, ...they're a decent 1A team... but GCA and Harriman (and maybe Meigs as well) are heads above OD (and the rest of 4a) on most nights. I'll be pulling for the 4a schools...but I've seen what I've seen.

Winning Region?