Undefeated Columbia Academy travels to face Undefeated Summertown

dawgswin

It means they can't work for tuition money, that's where everything gets messed up. Can any kid work for tuition or just athletes? Do athletes make more tuition money? Just too many questions

The program is Monday through Thursday during summer days. Work from 8-12, $7.50 per hour for anybody who participates. The amount earned is taken off of tuition.

CA has a program called work study, where students can come in during the summer and do work on the campus and get money off their tuition, but now if they do this program they cannot participate in varsity sports.

The TSSAA has said if you offer work study you either must move up in Class or move to DII, no questions asked. That was voted on in late July. You have no choice, it is either 2A or DII.

But anyways, this thread is about the game on Friday, not about CA moving to D2 or 2A, or anything else besides CA vs Summertown this Friday

I think CA gets the win but I think Stown will be tougher than a lot of folks think. I think because they're a new program folks think they got a team full of new players. I would be willing to bet that most of them that have wanted to play football have played since an early age somewhere.

truth is nobody really cares...the CA stadium and gym are really nice and personally I enjoy going to games at both. There are always ways to get around rules but small privates would be out of luck otherwise. Its all good. Lots of publics cheat like jello. No point being childish about it...ever notice how a team that beats alabama goes on probation right after...(see ole miss rebels) As for summertown, I have seen them play and they look pretty darn tough to me...I think it will be a great game and would like to see it if the old trojans werent playing....wouldnt mind seeing wc and bruceton too but you cant go to them all.

And just think, the Anderson on Anderson stadium is from Wayne County, wish some of that money was spent here

PER TSSAA

Under the new rules, any school that charges tuition can not offer student employment, more commonly known as work study, to the student or anyone in their immediate family and remain in Division I. Also, it will be considered financial aid if any loan, grant, educational foundation or similar program established in whole or in part, by a school for a student/athlete.

The new rules apply to both private schools and public schools that charge tuition.

"So long as the student's family pays the tuition they would be okay," TSSAA executive director Bernard Childress said. "But if there is financial assistance provided by the school, then that school must play in Division II."

IE work study......

PER TSSAA

Under the new rules, any school that charges tuition can not offer student employment, more commonly known as work study, to the student or anyone in their immediate family and remain in Division I. Also, it will be considered financial aid if any loan, grant, educational foundation or similar program established in whole or in part, by a school for a student/athlete.

The new rules apply to both private schools and public schools that charge tuition.

"So long as the student's family pays the tuition they would be okay," TSSAA executive director Bernard Childress said. "But if there is financial assistance provided by the school, then that school must play in Division II."

IE work study......

Well the rumors ive heard seem to be CA will be going to 2A, but there are no guarantees.