Undefeated Columbia Academy travels to face Undefeated Summertown

dawgswin

CA team is probably better all round that last years team. I was thinking Fayetteville MIGHT have a shot at knocking CA off this year, but after they lost to Cascade = ZERO SHOT!!!!!!!!

CA run game is much better than last year....I don't see any region team being able to shut them down.

Summertown is having a good season and so is Fayetteville. It will be interesting to see how long Summertown can hang with CA. Can they even last a quarter? Maybe half? 

Fayetteville on the other hand seems to struggle with the run. They may get a couple of big plays, but will never stop the run. I talked to someone that went to the FRA game and he told me that FRA overlooked Fayetteville. He said if they played again it would probably be 50-0 because Fayetteville is going backwards and got lucky.

Good luck to both teams as they face CA...I will be watching CA the next couple of weeks should be decent games. Maybe if they are over at halftime like I think I can travel quickly to catch the last half of my Blue Raiders!!!

Y'all send buses out and some of the parents drive the buses into other counties or right on the border of Maury county. And y'all pay parents like 2 grand to work the gate so they will pay it right back into the school.

The "parents" that drive those buses are teachers at the school. Those buses go out there to pick up the students who can't afford to drive long distances every day, or parents don't have time to drive that far before work.

Y'all send buses out and some of the parents drive the buses into other counties or right on the border of Maury county. And y'all pay parents like 2 grand to work the gate so they will pay it right back into the school.

I will come work the gate for 2 grand myself. Where do I sign up?

As far as the game I have a feeling CA will mercy rule Summertown. Summertown is getting some athletes but they are not quite there yet in football like they are in basketball and baseball.

so why was the administration at CA whining in the Herald about new rule changes for the privates that were gonna "deny" a lot of kids the opportunity for a good education.  we get internet out here in the backwoods

The new rule changes do not allow any student that has a parent working at the school in an ancillary role (I believe less than 30 hours/week) such as cafeteria worker to be eligible to participate in sports.  Unfortunately those parents will have to choose to find another job or choose for their child not to participate in sports. 

Any student that participates in the work study program will not be eligible to participate in sports. 

Also if any elementary sibling(s) receive financial aid the high school sibling(s) will not be eligible to participate in sports. 

Sorry to high jack this CA Summertown thread with the Public vs Private debate but as someone who has had 4 kids over the years attending both Public and private school, it amazes me the comments from parents, fans, past players who think splitting the competition up between private and public schools because it is unfair is somehow helping these schools and the student-athletes who play on the field.  

Not so sure in the long run splitting the classifications up helps the schools who wanted it the most.  As you will still have open enrollment schools like Maryville and Alcoa  who dominate their districts each year.  We will see a further divide in the level of play and all the teams public and private will be required to travel further for away games.  It is funny how a good friend of mine who lives Texas says in some parts of the State it is the opposite compared to TN.  The Private school feels it is unfair because some of the very large dominate public schools in TX have booster clubs recruit, have the best facilities and get all of the best athletes.  

Next year there will be 9 State Champion across 6 Public School and 3 Private School divisions.  I understand having more games for the kids is great for them and memories of playing in high school are something I personally cherish to this day.  But is that watered down?   

Anyway my 2 cents on the game, I think CA should win by 2 or 3 TD's.  

The new rule changes do not allow any student that has a parent working at the school in an ancillary role (I believe less than 30 hours/week) such as cafeteria worker to be eligible to participate in sports. Unfortunately those parents will have to choose to find another job or choose for their child not to participate in sports.

Any student that participates in the work study program will not be eligible to participate in sports.

Also if any elementary sibling(s) receive financial aid the high school sibling(s) will not be eligible to participate in sports.

Y'all don't wanna move out of the region because of travel reason but y'all will drive all the way to Huntland which is 2 hours. Y'all are a private school with one of the nicest stadiums around and wanna play in single A football because y'all are scared y'all will not be competive in D2.

Y'all don't wanna move out of the region because of travel reason but y'all will drive all the way to Huntland which is 2 hours. Y'all are a private school with one of the nicest stadiums around and wanna play in single A football because y'all are scared y'all will not be competive in D2.

Because we've always been 1A. Why would we want to go another division where everyone recruits while we don't? You seem pretty upset about us being here still. Don't worry, your poor souled team might actually have a chance at something in the region when we're gone.

truth is nobody really cares...the CA stadium and gym are really nice and personally I enjoy going to games at both.  There are always ways to get around rules but small privates would be out of luck otherwise.  Its all good.   Lots of publics cheat like jello. No point being childish about it...ever notice how a team that beats alabama goes on probation right after...(see ole miss rebels)   As for summertown, I have seen them play and they look pretty darn tough to me...I think it will be a great game and would like to see it if the old trojans werent playing....wouldnt mind seeing wc and bruceton  too but you cant go to them all.

Edited by TheMirrorThief